Pirate 4x4 banner

721 - 740 of 743 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,447 Posts
WOW! Things are filling up fast! Cheers!!

I might agree toward traditionalist headlights. I am struggling with the new looks also....but killer for light. I think you "have plans." that will be killers also. (Not light bars)

Cheers on getting your pictures back!!!!!!

Oh... And no Million$$$ glass and garnish yet? Maybe they will install it.

·
Premium Member
2,447 Posts
I have to agree the JW lights don't look right. But if you want a slightly up dated look, you could go with some diamond cut ones. I think that would go with the theme.
I don't necessarily disagree but with a H4 bulb, a nice Hella light head might fit the bill and not be a "spectacle.' Newer H$ bulbs have killer high beams and Tom has some ideas on even more killer aux driving lights that are not obtrusive. It seems the hot rod group is also pulling back on the headlight blingie. Minor stuff.... get it running and mess with the bolt-in later... if it really distracts. Tom and JR have an eye for stuff like that. Sometimes we out high-tec ourselves with too-early purchases. Sometimes you just have to try it. (Guilty also)

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #729 (Edited)

The LEDs are pods from Morimoto. Lots of configurations. Both are brake lights however the upper one is a switchback for brake/turn signal, the lower is double bright. This kind of resembles the original functionality. Need to run the red lenses otherwise the light thru the red plastic will be pink. The DRLs up front are also Morimoto self contained

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/morimoto-mod-pod-mini-led-lights.html

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/morimoto-x-drl-led-running-light-one-50376.html

·
Registered
464 Posts
The LEDs are pods from Morimoto. Lots of configurations. Both are brake lights however the upper one is a switchback for brake/turn signal, the lower is double bright. This kind of resembles the original functionality. Need to run the red lenses otherwise the light thru the red plastic will be pink. The DRLs up front are also Morimoto self contained

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/morimoto-mod-pod-mini-led-lights.html

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/morimoto-x-drl-led-running-light-one-50376.html
Thanks for the links and info.

·
Registered
1 Posts
'JEEP' Brass Badge

I haven't been on Pirate 4x4 for years. Like over ten when I retired and sold my Willys Special Delivery and CJ3a. Spent a good while this morning enjoying this thread and insane(good way)build. I'm blown away to say the least by your level of detail and skills. When I saw you are including a very rare 'JEEP' brass badge I had to reply. You probably know that badge only came mid 1950 to end of that year only and is very rare. Among other things, that mid-year period, Willys changed the grill, hood and fenders and more. Being a Willys guy who loved scrounging the wrecking yards in remote western states for rare Willys parts in the 80's. I'd come across those little badges every once in awhile(rarely). Just thought I'd mention that, most folks won't know how unique that badge is, just like your build. Over the years I ended up with a collection of 6, of which I sold 4 on eBay auctions in the 90's and early '0's. I gave one to a friend ('50 Jeepster) and the other is on the dash of my '19 JLR. FCA put several little homage to Willys items on the new JL Wranglers, so it just seemed right being there. When you are ready to sell this build, let me know. I have a nut I'd trade. :eek:

·
Premium Member
2,447 Posts
Those that are still working are usually working their butts off so projects wait. I am not sure if JR is back on it??? I think interior work is the next biggie. Tom said there might be a few artists involved. As slow as everything is. It may be the best time!!??

I am just appreciating the header welds being in the same area.

I know it is for my projects, but procrastination is dominating.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #736
Shelter in progress

Main focus is getting ready to wire and run. Lots of back burner stuff in the works. will resize pics later.

Onboard air plumbing for lockers winch ect

Center console jump seat mounted

Panel needed a boot to hide the column support so found a vinyl close to the paint and integrated the column turn signal loom clip into the collar.

Re assembly of the front clip was challenging.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #738
Got the switches from power tank. I think they are made by Clippard and can also get them at mcmaster

·
Registered
505 Posts
Tom, you're timing is perfect here.... I am just starting to think about my onboard air (lockers and CTIS).

It's nice to be able to occasionally leverage the research and intelligence of others. :)

Keep sharing your updates, part numbers and background on your parts selections... its very educational.

Great work (as always)

-G

·
Premium Member
3,394 Posts
How do you find all this cool stuff? Also how wide is that console? I have 9 1/2" between my Mastercraft seats in my truck and that's a tight measurement and your console looks huge!! Maybe it's the camera angle? Again such an awesome build you have done.

721 - 740 of 743 Posts