Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Price: $1-want to trade only.

Shipping: Not interested.

I am on the verge of starting on this project. Probably by the end of April. This is the first time in 3 years I am caught up on car projects. However, I am more of a 4x4 guy and would prefer a vintage (66-77 Bronco) project-not perfect- as a straight trade. Possible other trades listed below.

What I have is a "barn find" 1955 Chevy gasser car that was last ran decades ago. It was built in 1959. It has a small block chevy with a roller cam and Hillborn mechanical fuel-injection. Some vintage special bell housing attached to a T-10 and a factory rear with gears and a posi. I was told it had low gears of course with a posi. 6' long ladder bars with leaves. Small seats with vintage gauges etc. Obviously the car does not run. Straight axle. I have a wider 55-59 axle to include as well. Plastic side windows. They did not cut the door structure out when they put in the plexiglass.

The car has a lot going for it. Clear titled in my name. Not rotten at all etc. True vintage car.

The engine needs to be redone, the front frame needs to be redone, firewall cut etc. I am contemplating making a more modern Gasser out of it, but not sure. This is a serious project that needs some help and a lot of work as the engine was set back and they cut the dash to fit it in. Most of it is labor and not a huge cost. I can possibly ad some minor cash and some usable pieces for this including the cowl area which I have a pristine one out of another car including firewall, dash etc.

Here is what I am after:
-possible vintage (66-77 only) Ford project Bronco trade-most interest.
-Rock crawler 4x4. Prefer built Jeeps or smaller 4x4's.
-Ford F1 truck
-Early Nova 62-65 only, street and strip type of car.
-Mopar street and strip type of car.

Please be serious, have a trade and include at least as much information as I have here. Not interested in cash sales at this time.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Still kinda shopping for either an Early Bronco project or 62-65 only Nova street / strip car. Most likely keeping the 55, but before I lay the tools on it I need to look around a bit before I commit a significant amount of cash and time.

·
Premium Member
6,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Still have it. Mainly after the Nova hot rod type of car. Or the right crawler. I do like the car but I am not sure when I am going to have time to get into a build of this type.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Price: $1-want to trade only.

Shipping: Not interested.

I am on the verge of starting on this project. Probably by the end of April. This is the first time in 3 years I am caught up on car projects. However, I am more of a 4x4 guy and would prefer a vintage (66-77 Bronco) project-not perfect- as a straight trade. Possible other trades listed below.

What I have is a "barn find" 1955 Chevy gasser car that was last ran decades ago. It was built in 1959. It has a small block chevy with a roller cam and Hillborn mechanical fuel-injection. Some vintage special bell housing attached to a T-10 and a factory rear with gears and a posi. I was told it had low gears of course with a posi. 6' long ladder bars with leaves. Small seats with vintage gauges etc. Obviously the car does not run. Straight axle. I have a wider 55-59 axle to include as well. Plastic side windows. They did not cut the door structure out when they put in the plexiglass.

The car has a lot going for it. Clear titled in my name. Not rotten at all etc. True vintage car.

The engine needs to be redone, the front frame needs to be redone, firewall cut etc. I am contemplating making a more modern Gasser out of it, but not sure. This is a serious project that needs some help and a lot of work as the engine was set back and they cut the dash to fit it in. Most of it is labor and not a huge cost. I can possibly ad some minor cash and some usable pieces for this including the cowl area which I have a pristine one out of another car including firewall, dash etc.

Here is what I am after:
-possible vintage (66-77 only) Ford project Bronco trade-most interest.
-Rock crawler 4x4. Prefer built Jeeps or smaller 4x4's.
-Ford F1 truck
-Early Nova 62-65 only, street and strip type of car.
-Mopar street and strip type of car.

Please be serious, have a trade and include at least as much information as I have here. Not interested in cash sales at this time.
I have a 1975 jeep cj5 paint and 304 v8 in great shape everything else new seats top suspension trans transfer case tires electronic ignition steering collar and box have 15000 invested and time. Would like to sale around 12 gs and partial trade like your gasser. 720 9333694 Tracy

·
Premium Member
6,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Unless it has 5.38 gears and 40" tires etc. I am most likely not in the market. Thank you though, it sounds like a nice Jeep.

·
Premium Member
6,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Contemplating a Rubicon trade. 2003-2006 type, not looking for perfection. I will likely get to the 55, but it will be fall.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts