Pirate 4x4 banner

181 - 200 of 329 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #186
Luckily the powder coater chipped the rear bumper and offered to redo it. A few pin holes from my welding/grinding showed up and he's giving me a chance to fix them. He says bondo will last through the coating process 90% of the time.

I think I will weld the big ones, metal file for a sharper edge, and try a little bondo. The black color sure shows the flaws compared to primer.

Attachments

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #187
Got the rear axle painted, sprayed on Eastwood's chassis black (practicing with the spray gun), now I need to drill it for a vent since the truss covered up the old one and I had to weld it up. Probably should have done it before I painted it. Oh well, a good cleaning and some fresh gaskets never hurt. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #188
Painted over the chassis black, too shiny.

I'm thinking about drilling the top of the diff cover for the vent instead of taking the axle apart. 45 degree fitting and a vent line running up the link to the frame. Would save some time.

Or do I hide it next to the truss and take the axle apart to get the shavings out, hidden and safe?

Attachments

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #190
I decided to run the vent through the diff cover, no sense in tearing down the axle, now just waiting for a fitting. In the meantime, finished up the limit straps and started on some side body protection. I think I'll make it a little step too. My wife will appreciate that.

Attachments

·
Registered
339 Posts
Looking good man, I see I'm not the only one who will use random things in the garage to prop things up, your custom slider holder (stool) is killer :D

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #200 (Edited)
Looking good man, I see I'm not the only one who will use random things in the garage to prop things up, your custom slider holder (stool) is killer :D
Thanks bud.. Oh yeah, use what ya can :D

Finally back to work, starting off with the front shock upper brace. Removable with the ballistic tube clamps. Needs a little gusset. Maybe tmrw.

Almost finished up the diff vents.
Can't wait to get this together.

Attachments

181 - 200 of 329 Posts