Pirate 4x4 banner

321 - 329 of 329 Posts

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Do you get a feeling like riding in a tin can with those metal door panels? I'm thinking about making some for my Tacoma but mine is already kind of "tinny" sounding. I have stock carpet, no headliner, but have Dynamat on the roof & back wall of the cab, & I have a dashmat, so if I go to aluminum door panels I'm afraid my stereo will be useless.
I've been a fan of your build. Keep posting the upgrades!

·
Rolling Mod
04 Wrangler Unlimited, 67 F100
41,546 Posts
You got it. Ride is good, I still need to change the valving some, but haven't found someone to do it yet. I haven't put much weight on it other than my spare tire and a bit of gear inside.
Get ahold of Ryan at Accutune. TRD on PBB.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Do you still have this? Have any other pictures of it while you were building it, maybe from the sides - how you attached it? How you got the cover back on? This would be so perfect for my WJ.

Looks good..
I want to wrap the rear bumper around the sides similar to the stock "banana" to give the corners a little protection.

The carrier I built for my WJ uses the spindle and a simple latch..

Just some food for thought... :smokin:

·
thhhpptthh!
46,721 Posts
details on the sliding rag? I REALLY want one in my rat.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Kind of a zombie thread so delete if too old. I've got a 63 and just pulled the body off. Frame is bent. Front axle on the drivers side is bent. Looks like the drivers front wheel took a hard hit. Also have at least 4 significant cracks in the frame, V8 motor mounts are janky AF, etc. This morning I found three big body broncos for sale near me for CHEAP. Any years better than others? All three I have found at 1980 and newer. One 1996 for like $500.

321 - 329 of 329 Posts