Pirate 4x4 banner

81 - 100 of 329 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #81 (Edited)
You should stick a cigarette/12V power port under the drain plug....like you have to unscrew the drain plug to use the power port :smokin:
Good idea :grinpimp:

These cables are so freakin big, they're not making it easy :mr-t:

Attachments

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
I think I'm going to go back to my original plan of making a console. I'll see if I can make it look old.

This oil pan is a little too small for this shifter. I'll save them for another project some other day.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
864 Posts
Oh well,.. The oil
Pan was a great idea even though it didn't play out as well in reality! Like you said another project! Love the ingenuity.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
Thanks guys.

I went back to the console I started with and added a flange and got the curve in it to match the dash, as Tom (49willys_mogon) suggested. Not as much character as the old oil pans but works well.

I might still play around with the green pan :shaking::D

Attachments

·
Registered
8,354 Posts
Lazze and Covell make it look so easy..eh? :)
That's cheating!! Rolled a bunch of floor panels for my Edsel the other day on a manual roller, really hard to get straight lines without a helper, needed a monkey to crank while I steered, oh well, it'll be under carpet anyways!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Whats the plan for headlights? Looking for some short depth style since the wider radiator intrudes on the stock buckets....

Great build so far!!!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
That's cheating!! Rolled a bunch of floor panels for my Edsel the other day on a manual roller, really hard to get straight lines without a helper, needed a monkey to crank while I steered, oh well, it'll be under carpet anyways!!
Haha...ya it's a pain trying to do it without a helper. I'm certainly not spending 5g's on a bead roller, just need to find someone with one. Maybe I'll take one of his classes and bring all my project pieces with me...lol

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
Whats the plan for headlights? Looking for some short depth style since the wider radiator intrudes on the stock buckets....

Great build so far!!!
I'm using stock lights and buckets trimmed up a bit. I'll take some pics when I get back into town.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
I only had to trim one for the a/c line.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks! Mine is right at 26 if I recall.. should slip in. I am running an old style water pump so your late model stuff is a bit longer, should give me some more wiggle room.

81 - 100 of 329 Posts