Pirate 4x4 banner
281 - 300 of 316 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #282 · (Edited)
cj3b old yeller
Ran grizzly lake trail on Saturday, then Tin Cup pass and old Tin Cup pass road Sunday.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
That jeep really looks good out on the trail, great job!
Now I'm really glad we didn't try tincup last year in my sister-in-laws stock fourrunner.

·
Registered
100 Posts
What gear ratio do you have in the axles? How do you like the crawl ratio with your SM420/Dana300 combo? I ask because I have the same combo with a 400 SBC and I can't decide what axle ratio to run...

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #285 ·
What gear ratio do you have in the axles? How do you like the crawl ratio with your SM420/Dana300 combo? I ask because I have the same combo with a 400 SBC and I can't decide what axle ratio to run...
Running 4.88's and can't think I would go any lower, just don't think it's needed.

Thanks WILLYN, working out the kinks but I'm overwhelmed with how good it feels on the trail.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #286 ·
More pics from another weekend wheeling. This is at the rock garden at chinaman gulch Saturday.

·
Willys Fan
860 Posts
Your rig really turned out great!!! Cool to see it in action. Looks like it handles the rocks great, and the sliders were getting a little workout... Really nice work on your build! Superb 3B!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #288 ·
Your rig really turned out great!!! Cool to see it in action. Looks like it handles the rocks great, and the sliders were getting a little workout... Really nice work on your build! Superb 3B!
Thank you. That's high praise coming from you and the quality of your work!.

I'm really glad I have the sliders sticking out from the side of the tub, it has already proven to be a wise decision. Without that protection I would already have body damage.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Wow, just went through the entire thread. That little thing has come a long way. Looks great and looks like the 3rd engine is working great! Where about in the Springs are you located?

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
Iron Chest is an awesome trail! To think what those miners endured back in the day is humbling. Grizzly Lake is also fascinating. The mountain lake is beautiful. I was blessed to be up there once when it was snowing. So beautiful!

Looks like they added some fencing at the gatekeeper?

With both of these trails, mother earth does not just give away her treasures. You have to earn her respect before she unlocks her secrets. Probably my two favorite trails in that area. Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #296 ·
Iron Chest is an awesome trail! To think what those miners endured back in the day is humbling. Grizzly Lake is also fascinating. The mountain lake is beautiful. I was blessed to be up there once when it was snowing. So beautiful!

Looks like they added some fencing at the gatekeeper?

With both of these trails, mother earth does not just give away her treasures. You have to earn her respect before she unlocks her secrets. Probably my two favorite trails in that area. Thanks for sharing!
Yes, they added a winch point and then some logs to prevent people from expanding the trail up the side of the mountain. There is talk of them closing Iron Chest, not an approved trail according to some in the forest service.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #298 ·
East side

Sweet, I will have to hit you up once i get up and running in my jeep. Maybe we can wheel together sometime.

Do you run in a club or do you just wheel with friends?
Both.
Although the last few group trips have been disappointing. I've had more fun wheeling with a few friends.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #299 ·
My future owner of my jeep arrived safely on 8-16-18 @ 12:34 a.m.
Nathan Lee McBride

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
Congratulations on your son.

281 - 300 of 316 Posts