Registered
2,374 Posts
Congrats on the new wheeler!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #303 ·
Thanks guys.
There is a backstory here and Ward is the only one who knows a little of the history.
Long story short:
In 2014 my wife and I had our first son who was born 10 weeks premature, he lived for 8 days and had a massive brain bleed that took his life. We had to make the decision to remove life support and let him go. Our faith is what carried us through. We didn't know if we would be able to have another child and the loss was devastating. A year and a half later my wife had a miscarriage. When we found out she was pregnant again we prayed for a full term healthy child, and that is what we were blessed with. We couldn't be happier!

·
Willys Fan
859 Posts
Congratulations to you both! Way to hang in there through incredibly challenging times. He's a handsome little guy!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #307 ·
The day before Thanksgiving my Dad passed away.

I was able to be with him his last 4 days and we talked about the jeep and how well it came out.

He will always be with me with this jeep.
I needed to do something so I put the top on and took the jeep out.
I will always be grateful for the memories we shared with this jeep!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
246 Posts
Sorry to hear about your father. Don't comment much, but have followed you build for quite some time now. Phenomenal job and love hearing/seeing builds that have so many great memories linked to them. Jeepin to a lot of us is much more than most people realize.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #309 ·
Sorry to hear about your father. Don't comment much, but have followed you build for quite some time now. Phenomenal job and love hearing/seeing builds that have so many great memories linked to them. Jeepin to a lot of us is much more than most people realize.
Thanks.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Great that you will have memories of your dad with the Willys.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Great build and back story! I’m about to start my cj3a build w 4.3, Dana 20 and SM 420. Your build will undoubtedly help straighten the learning curve a bit. Thank you.

·
Willys Fan
859 Posts
Your rig sure turned out nice. Wonderful that you could share your work with your Dad, and your fine Willys is a great tribute and reminder of him. Very cool.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Neat to keep it in the family. Looks to be in pretty good shape. Not to rusty? Did you bring it back on the same trailer? As Jalbrecht said, the L head would not be original, but we drove, and wheeled with an L head for about 7 years. They work as long as your not in a hurry. Right down in the road in Falcon if you ever need a hand. Great Jeep, and have fun.
how would tell the difference ?

301 - 316 of 316 Posts