Pirate 4x4 banner

361 - 380 of 395 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Just went though the whole build this is amazing I will be looking for a 150 a doing a sleeper race truck but still 4x4 to have some speed fun. keep it up this build is great

·
Registered
580 Posts
Got seats! And man are these things nice. I can't say enough about the quality from Corbeau. And they're comfortable. Now I just need to get the truck ready haha
View attachment 815346
Which model seats are these, if you don't mind me asking? I'm looking for a set of seats for my FC170 Patina Rod, and was wondering how they'd fit. Obviously, your FC cab has been "streamlined" a bit :D, so I'm not sure if you could even tell me how they'd fit in a stock cab.

Any input is appreciated.

Love the build, BTW. I have been following it for quite a while.

Craig

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #363
Subbed, can't wait to see this finished!
Thanks! Me too! Lol.

Just went though the whole build this is amazing I will be looking for a 150 a doing a sleeper race truck but still 4x4 to have some speed fun. keep it up this build is great
Thanks! I'd love to see that! Good luck with the build.

Which model seats are these, if you don't mind me asking? I'm looking for a set of seats for my FC170 Patina Rod, and was wondering how they'd fit. Obviously, your FC cab has been "streamlined" a bit :D, so I'm not sure if you could even tell me how they'd fit in a stock cab.

Any input is appreciated.

Love the build, BTW. I have been following it for quite a while.

Craig
Thanks! The seats are the Baja XRS. I also ordered the sliding rails so I can adjust distance to the pedal and wheel. They're not cheap but I believe they are worth it.

With the changes I made to the floor, I lost headroom and foot space. I still have room (just enough lol) so I think you'll have a ton of room in the stock form. But depending on what you'll be doing with it you might want to look at some of their Baja RS, Moab, or Sport seats. A little more comfort and a little less racecar lol.

Great build by the way!

As far as my build, I just had some minor surgery that's put me out of the garage for a while. Hopefully a few more weeks and I'll be back on it.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Thanks! The seats are the Baja XRS. I also ordered the sliding rails so I can adjust distance to the pedal and wheel. They're not cheap but I believe they are worth it.

Great build by the way!
Thanks for the info. I'll look into the other options (more) soon. The variety of seat models can be a little overwhelming, particularly on such a spendy purchase. :D

Thanks (re: my build). I'm enjoying it, and it should be pretty unique, but functional.

Thanks again,
Craig

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #366
To be honest I have no idea. Im not great at figuring out that kind of stuff. MY rough guess was the top of the transmission bell housing (based on something I read somewhere). That's what I used to plug into the four link calculator. But I have no clue if that's even close for my setup.

Sorry I cant be more help, but I'm claiming ignorance on this one lol.

·
Master Tinkerer
1,319 Posts
Your FC rocks!
Can't wait to see it finished

I do have one question: Do you think its possible to slide the cab back ? say 10-12 inches and still have enough room or make it able to open the doors? I realize the cab would like get a little tight, and the radiator would probably be in back . Reason i ask is, looking at the CG of this vs. say a Unimog which is as close as I think you get to an FC. The cab on a Mog is a little more aft improving the CG. The slight loss of visibility I think is really small. I always liked FCs and maybe would swap my junk from mine into one??? but think the cab was always a touch too " Forward" ?

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
To be honest I have no idea. Im not great at figuring out that kind of stuff. MY rough guess was the top of the transmission bell housing (based on something I read somewhere). That's what I used to plug into the four link calculator. But I have no clue if that's even close for my setup.

Sorry I cant be more help, but I'm claiming ignorance on this one lol.
I'm not sure where that wive's tale about the top of the bell housing got started... maybe it applies to race cars? I measured mine and its more like output shaft on the transmission...

Regardless, carry on, this is one of the coolest builds on Pirate :smokin:

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #374
Hey guys, thanks a million for the comments. I truly appreciate the kind words.

Due to things beyond my control, I've been (literally) living at work. Seriously, in a camper, for over a month now. So the bad news is I haven't been home, let alone in the garage to do anything with the truck.

On the bright side, when I do get a chance to go home, I'll have a very decent pile of money to throw at this thing!!!

Thanks again everyone. Hope to have something to show soon.

·
Registered
16 Posts
been following this build since the beginning. just now made an account so i can post some of my stuff and i figured ide subscribe. just top notch work and fc's are my dream jeeps!

361 - 380 of 395 Posts