Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello people,
I just got a new project.It's a 1963 Willys.I am new to this kind of rig and i wonder if anyone could tell me how to install a coil over suspension system on that thing instead of the leaf springs.I'm hoping to have 38 to 40 ' tires,6.2 chevy diesel and anything else interesting you conaisseurs might propose.
I want it to be fun and above all,very capable on all kinds of terrains:smokin:
as I said before i'm accepting sugestions as to what to do with it.Please be ready to explain clearly what you think i should do and where you think i might be able to get the parts for it(I don't know much about these rigs and would not know where to get the dana 44 axles or those exotic bullet proof trannies you all rave about so much).So please help me out

·
Registered
309 Posts
Even I know its Tuesday.......

·
Registered
582 Posts
Its going to be quite a bit of custom fab. You're looking at custom links (and all associated mounts for them) and the coil-overs themselves. Same as a rock buggy or most other coil-over vehicle here.

Given what its going to cost, do yourself a favor and pony up $20 for a red star here on this board. Then use the search functionality & start learning about 4-link suspensions, and the many debates about 4 links vs 5 links etc etc. If you do nothing but research for the next 3 months, you'll be in a better place for starting out with this project. Then start asking the specific questions you have...

If you're not willing to learn, do yourself a favor & contact a local 4x4 shop who'd love to take your money & build it for you.

Otherwise, you'll be flamed for asking the most general newbie-ish question...

- (just trying to be helpful) mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts