Pirate 4x4 banner

81 - 83 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
how is the hub being used for the bumper hinge holding up? i was thinking of doing that with a vw hub but after reading the bearing tends to pull apart if you don't have a cv installed to hold the bearings tight i passed on it...... your setup looks great.
hey thanks! it is holding up very well. Im not sure what you mean by a hub needing an axle installed to keep the bearing in place....its pressed into the hub. It seems to be holding up fine. now that its been on the vehicle for a while and i have been driving it around (subjecting the vehicle to vibrations, bumps, etc), it has sagged a little bit. All I have to do is lift up slightly to get it onto the "lock", so it doesnt bother me at all.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
finally have some rear seats at least for now. I went to Academy sports to get some nice, padded boat seats. then I found these molded plastic ones next to them for only $9 each! Made some custom mounting brackets and bolted them in and they fit and feel great! There's also plenty of room under them still for storage of my tool/spare parts bag

81 - 83 of 83 Posts