Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am restoring a 1970 Chevy C20 4x4, 350 4 bolt with automatic trans. It has been in my family since it was purchased new by my Father. The front differential is a Dana 44 and the rear differential is a Eaton 10 bolt. (Not sure exact model) Is this common for Chevy pickups with different brands of differentials?

·
Registered
2019 Rubicon unlimited
4 Posts
I am restoring a 1970 Chevy C20 4x4, 350 4 bolt with automatic trans. It has been in my family since it was purchased new by my Father. The front differential is a Dana 44 and the rear differential is a Eaton 10 bolt. (Not sure exact model) Is this common for Chevy pickups with different brands of differentials?
Hey Old Man Central,

I had the same truck in a 1/2 Ton version, I’m kinda surprised to hear it has a 10 Blt. Especially being a 3/4 Ton
If that is what it is - you said C 20 so I’m sure it’s 3/4. I myself know mine had a mix of makes for the trans and transfer case. I think your best bet is to find the Chilton reference on the unless you can find Chevrolet archives
That may help you know what it might be, again they did mix up some components , spicer, Dana, Borg WARNER and so on
The reference is the best way thought
Especially if you can reference your vin#
hope that helped out
TurnerCraft

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey, thanks TurnerCraft. Our local used parts place thought it was a rare combination but, really haven't found much on it since. I have my project down to the frame and frame repainted, Transmission & transfer case gone through, engine overhauled, bored .60 over. Haven't been able to work on it for almost 10 years now due to change in careers. Plan on getting back to it in another 2. Thanks a bunch for the info!

Old Man Central

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Isn't a C-20 a 2-wheel drive and a K-20 a 4-wheel drive?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I read quite a few saying K is 4x4 and C is 2wd. Not always the case. My 1970 is factory badged C20 is 3/4 ton 4WD.

·
Rolling Mod
04 Wrangler Unlimited, 67 F100
41,538 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LOL. Nope, had it since it was brand new. It was a cab/chassis, no box but, no doubt it is a 1970 4x4 with C20 badges. If you say can't be then I will be rich with such a rare truck!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yes
LOL. Nope, had it since it was brand new. It was a cab/chassis, no box but, no doubt it is a 1970 4x4 with C20 badges. If you say can't be then I will be rich with such a rare truck!
Nothing like ignoring the facts presented to you by those willing to help.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Too bad you refuse to believe a C20 badging on a 4x4 doesn't exist. It's like the Hagerty article is gospel.
WRONG. Likely correct on the VIN part but there are 1000's of chevy truck 4x4's with C badges!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts