Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a nice 71 CJ5 yesterday, coming from Toyotas so my Jeep knowledge is lacking.

First question: On the dash just above the emergency flasher there is a small whiteish pull out knob. What is it for?

·
Non-Lemming
78,530 Posts
A pic would help a whole lot. Jeeps of that vintage have usually been modified so it might not be stock.

·
Registered
10,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A pic would help a whole lot. Jeeps of that vintage have usually been modified so it might not be stock.
Good points. It looks stock, but who knows. I'll work on a picture, haven't looked into how best to post pictures since photobucket dicked the world.

·
Registered
10,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah no kidding, might be the blender. Look forward to photos.
Oh man if only. Although I'm not sure where you would put a blender on this thing, it's almost toy like in size.

A bit of back story, the previous owner put a electric fan on the Jeep to help cool the small block Chevy he also put in. Fan is not working but came on twice yesterday when I pulled the white knob in question out. Have not been able to recreate this, but I just want to make sure I am not missing something obvious before I start really digging into it.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Looks like a choke pull out.

Look under the dash and see if it has a spiral casing coming out and check the carb to see if there is a choke cable attached to it.

·
Registered
10,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks like a choke pull out.

Look under the dash and see if it has a spiral casing coming out and check the carb to see if there is a choke cable attached to it.
Choke knob is to the right of the steering wheel, and working

I cant contorionst my arm or head up behind this one to see what's going on :laughing:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts