Pirate 4x4 banner

21 - 40 of 511 Posts

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
are you gonna have a clearance issue with the front driveshaft and the bellhousing with the case clocked that much? Mine seems real close (about an inch when the suspension is compressed) with a t18 and d20 without the case clocked.

·
Premium Member
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #29 (Edited)
Couple pics of the cage work. All big 2 inch .120 wall.

Still have a bunch of cross bracing etc to do on the cage but it has taken some time due to all the multi plane bends and wierd angle notching.

While I was building the cage it was a big help to use motorcycle tie downs attached to the rolled up garage door to hold tubing in place. I thought about screwing some hooks in the cieling but the seams on the garage door work perfect.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Awesome looking build, cant wait to see when its done, where is cameron park, if its close to me, id love to come check it out. Let me know.

·
Premium Member
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #32 (Edited)
Just finishing up my 41 Inch Lower suspension links that I built from 2 inch 0.25 wall DOM sleeved with 1.5 0.25 wall DOM. Already had the 1.5 inch so I figured why not. Had to spend about 20 minutes on each 1.5 inch link with a 36 grit flapper disc to get them to fit but Rustynuts on the board inspired me to go for it.

Seemed to work best to start on one end and grind a 4 inch section all the way around, check for fit inside the 2 inch, and then move on and do the next 4 inches.

Heims are the FK 1 1/4 big daddys. I plan on running QA1 3/4 x 5/8 hiems on my uppers.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,255 Posts
Awesome project-keep putting up the pics! I've got a 78 CJ5 that I'm just getting started on so you're my current hero.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
pmaddy said:
Just finishing up my 41 Inch Lower suspension links that I built from 2 inch 0.25 wall DOM sleeved with 1.5 0.25 wall DOM. Already had the 1.5 inch so I figured why not. Had to spend about 20 minutes on each 1.5 inch link with a 36 grit flapper disc to get them to fit but Rustynuts on the board inspired me to go for it.

Seemed to work best to start on one end and grind a 4 inch section all the way around, check for fit inside the 2 inch, and then move on and do the next 4 inches.

Jim at INCHWORM said I should fill them with cement while I am at it. They are pretty heavy. Good Laughs :D :D Thanks Again Jim for the tube and heims and other goods. Jim probably has 15 feet of the 2 inch .25 wall dom left over if anyone is interested in the Folsom, Cameron Park, Placerville area give him a shout.

Heims are the FK 1 1/4 big daddys. I plan on running QA1 3/4 x 5/8 hiems on my uppers.

Very nice man, got beef :eek:, similar to the setup I've been working on for the past 2.5 years except your progress is much faster lol. I can't wait to get my motorcycle buttoned up so I can get back to the Jeep. Looks great though, keep us posted on how it goes :D.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Forgot to ask, is your frame still stock or have you done any reinforcing to it such as gussets, plating or boxing it in?

21 - 40 of 511 Posts