Pirate 4x4 banner

381 - 400 of 511 Posts

·
Registered
6,521 Posts
Kids love wheel'n

Awsome,awsome,awsome
Probably the best build I've seen, really like that tailgate panel. All these guys talking about having time with kids around... take them with you, my 3-year old loves going to the shop and even helps... well helps might be a stretch, but he has fun anyway. I can see by the pics of your little ones in the back seat that they're as read for you to finish as we all are, so ..... Step-on-it. Keep up the PRIMO work!!!

·
Registered
97 Posts
TTT

Paul, I spent this week getting my rig ready for the snow! Let's go wheelin' buddy.

-Clint

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Yea time is hard to come by for sure with kidlets. I used to obsess on this thing and put it way higher on the priority list then other things that were probably more important. It was so consuming that I didn't take the time to enjoy the process of building it. Lately I have just been working on it when time permits and despite the slow pace, I enjoy working on it way more. No pressure to hurry up and finish and more time to enjoy the ride.
Pmaddy, how are things out in the shop on this, any updates for us?? Would love to see you get out on the trails with the kids this summer and enjoy this thing. Nice to see that you're taking your time and doing it right and enjoying it :smokin:

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Bumping this to the top again. Any progress at all? Hope to see you get this thing out on the trails this summer.

·
Premium Member
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #389
Few updates:
- Powdercoated winch/shock mounts. Color is Cardinal Brand Steel Grey Pearlecent. After powdering this piece I think I have decided I am going to paint the cage. This color wasn't exactly what I had in mind and it's not easy to tell from those little paint chips they give you. I think by painting the cage I have more options and it will be easy to patch up if I want to change some things around. Body is going to be satin/flat black so should be cool.
- Front end is pretty much ready to go.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #391
- Finished welding and smoothing the tailgate seems where I had to slice to bend it.
- Body Parts Sandblasted and ready for primer and paint.
- Planning on starting on painting the cage a lighter more metalic grey and body (Satin/Flat Black) over the next several weeks.

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
I like how u made the front shock mounts bolt on and off. i want to see some flat black on it. it will look medieval:smokin: keep the updates coming

·
Registered
322 Posts
What kind of signal lights do you have in the front grill? Are those LEDS?

381 - 400 of 511 Posts