Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1979 K30 Silverado
Cummins 5.9L Turbo diesel mildly bombed - est. 200hp/600 lb. ft. torque at rear wheels
Injection pump pro rebuilt recently
5 speed manual trans – pro rebuilt recently
NP205 transfer case
Dana 60 front and 14 bolt FF axles original to truck – 4.10 gears
PS, PB, AC works, tilt wheel
Gooseneck ball in bed, wired for 7 pin RV plug
Tekonsha electric brake controller
Pioneer AM/FM/cass

New in the last month - front wheel bearings and seals, axle and transfer case oil change, engine oil and filter, tie rod.

New in the last year – 4” Skyjacker lift, drop pitman arm, shocks, 33” tires, AR wheels, converted AC to R134, heater fan motor.

New in the last five years – all the sheet metal and paint (has not been in salt since), Cummins conversion, exhaust, dual fuel tanks, valves and senders.

This is a great truck that pulls awesome. It will get 17-18 mpg without the trailer. It has had almost everything replaced or rebuilt except the interior. Mechanically it needs nothing. The body and paint are in good shape. The inside is original and a little rough. The good news is that I have almost everything needed to redo it. I have GM carpets and padding, sill plates, nice aftermarket cloth bucket/bench/console seats (front and back match), four complete doors with PW and PL, nice door panels, tinted windows, wiring harnesses, all the plastic trim pieces and weather stripping. All these interior parts are light gray. The two extra front doors are bent from a wreck, but door panels and guts are fine. The two extra rear doors are CHERRY. No rust or dents. The doors on the truck are nice, so these extras could be sold or saved.

The truck pulls a heavy trailer without breaking a sweat. The rear springs are from a dually camper, and don’t sag when loaded heavy. The engine has had some mild fueling mods. It has a K&N filter and a 3” straight exhaust. A Chevy guy can have the best diesel too! I would not be afraid to drag a trailer all the way across the country, and I have. It has not been abused or used for pulls. The toolbox is not included.

Hate to let it go, but I have realized I don’t have the time to finish it. I have a new 7 day week job and family keeping me busy. Planning to sell my two trucks and get a newer Cummins truck.

$7000. Reply with any questions. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Whoa! That's what I'm looking for! I wish I was in the same position financially I was a couple years ago. I'll see what I can do to come up with some $$$$. Got any pics to make me salivate?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
The engine, trans (Getrag) and transfer case came from a '91 Dodge. The Getrag has been kept overfull of Mobil 1 as recommended since it was rebuilt. Fuel was turned up mildly by the shop that rebuilt the injection pump. I have adjusted the starwheel for "smoke on demand". :D With the 4.10's, I have not felt the need to turn it up further. It really pulls strong as is, without worrying about shortening pump life. The "cool" part is it will pull itself and 13K lbs. behind with the AC on on a hot day and never run over 200 degrees. It really is a tow monster and never seems to be working hard.

Pics and more info can be seen here.

Edit: I have someone pretty seriously interested.

·
Registered
598 Posts
postal said:
The engine, trans (Getrag) and transfer case came from a '91 Dodge. The Getrag has been kept overfull of Mobil 1 as recommended since it was rebuilt. Fuel was turned up mildly by the shop that rebuilt the injection pump. I have adjusted the starwheel for "smoke on demand". :D With the 4.10's, I have not felt the need to turn it up further. It really pulls strong as is, without worrying about shortening pump life. The "cool" part is it will pull itself and 13K lbs. behind with the AC on on a hot day and never run over 200 degrees. It really is a tow monster and never seems to be working hard.

Pics and more info can be seen here.

Edit: I have someone pretty seriously interested.
Pretty seriously interested is an understatement, John. I'll give you a call tonight! :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts