Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Searched but couldn't find any info on a D60 front from a 1979 1ton Chevy Van 4x4. I found one for sale but wanted to know if it is the same as the K30 77-87 front 60. What are the differences in the two if any. THanks for any help.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
You'd have to look at it to be sure.I found one like that and it turned out to have a low pinion,large hub,Furd D44 :confused: .That was a new on to me.I've heard they have Furd d60 though.For some reason they had drivers drop t-case's.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Those 4WD vans are not factory, they are aftermarket conversions. The front axle will not be the same as a factory K30 truck.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info, It sure does suck to not be able to see what someone is talking about. I asked for a K30 1 ton single rear wheel front axle and this guy emailed me and said he has a 1 ton van front end and it was the same. Figured it was too good to be true. Thanks again.

Eric

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
for all we know it could be the same... just have him measure the WMS-WMS and spring perch spacing and you should be able to figure out if it will work for you

·
Registered
543 Posts
My pops has a 79 chevy 1-ton van and it has a driver drop 8-lug dana 44.
Just the .02

·
Registered
4,621 Posts
Here's what ya do. You go, and look at it. If it says d60 on it, then it's a Dana 60. :p Just check to see if it is a king-pin d60. That's all that matters really.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts