Pirate 4x4 banner

41 - 60 of 96 Posts

·
Premium Member
'81 Shit Box
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Just realized I didn't get any pictures of the new case off the truck, I am the worst at remembering to take pictures, oops

Anyways, I replaced the cracked case with a new case from Advance Adapters, they are literally just up the road from me and I have a few buddies that work there so they were the fastest way for me to get a new case and get the truck rolling. Definitely a heavy duty case, so I'm happy about that.

Cases are both stock 2.28 gearing, paired with the 4:88s it shoots out a 100:1 crawl ratio which I am pretty happy with.

I also picked up some steel yesterday for the new driveshafts. 2 1/5" Sch40 pipe for the rear, and square tubing for the front.

Square Tubing Dimensions: Big piece= 2.5" O.D./2" I.D. x .25" wall.
Little piece= 2" O.D./1.5" I.D. x .25" wall.

I only got to the rear yesterday, took it for a spin and surprisingly I couldn't get it to violently shake, I have no speedometer but I got up to 5th on a straight away and it was solid. I am expecting it to change once I start bashing it on rocks.

Cases mounted with triple sticks from RAD Designs, great kit, easy to put together.

Square Tubing

Stock shaft pulled out

Pipe vs stock driveshaft

Mounted

·
Premium Member
'81 Shit Box
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
37s came in today, going to be fun clearancing for these big things

Pro Comp Xtreme MT2

37x12.50R17

Beadlocks should be coming soon, waiting to hear back form Lowrange on when they are shipped.

·
Registered
248 Posts
this thing just keeps getting better and better :smokin:

edit: did anyone else notice that Gronk has TWO kitchens worth of cabinets in his garage :laughing: unlimited storage!

·
Premium Member
'81 Shit Box
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
this thing just keeps getting better and better :smokin:

edit: did anyone else notice that Gronk has TWO kitchens worth of cabinets in his garage :laughing: unlimited storage!
Haha thanks!

And yeah you're right on the on the money with the cabinets, we had two friends redo their kitchens with similar cabinets and we kindly took the old ones off their hands! Makes for a lot of storage space, they're already at capacity with junk though :laughing:

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
reminds me of my old 1st gen. a word from the wise, i would carry a rebuild kit for the vaporizor. there is a littel metal tang with a rubber coating that if it backfires will bend and it will let liquid past the vaporizor...

·
Premium Member
'81 Shit Box
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #47 (Edited)
reminds me of my old 1st gen. a word from the wise, i would carry a rebuild kit for the vaporizor. there is a littel metal tang with a rubber coating that if it backfires will bend and it will let liquid past the vaporizor...
That is interesting, I never heard about that! You are referring to this guy right here right? https://www.propaneconversionparts.com/inc/sdetail/109/168

I'll order one today, no one likes to get stranded

Edit: Also, would you recommend I carry around a spare Propane Solenoid?

·
Registered
682 Posts
You will like those mt2’s. Undefined taco has them on his first gen. We Lined up the red dot with the valve stem and they are smooth as can be with no weights. They are soft!

·
Registered
3,964 Posts

·
Premium Member
'81 Shit Box
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Got the frond driveshaft measured up, cut, and welded together this weekend. Didn't get too many pictures of it in the truck since it was hot as balls here in CA over the weekend.

13" of slip total

·
Premium Member
'81 Shit Box
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #52 (Edited)
Finally got my rims and beadlock spacers in, got 3 of 5 tires mounted, gonna get the rest done tonight!

·
Premium Member
'81 Shit Box
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Got the tires mounted, they fit nicely

Although they rub more than a dry hand job when I turn, so I will be cutting some body this weekend

·
Premium Member
'81 Shit Box
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Got some of the exo cage done this weekend, still need to do the roof V or whatever the bars over the roof are called. Also will be tying it in to the front bumper/winch plate eventually.

·
Premium Member
'81 Shit Box
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Got some spare doors and cut them in half, the pull handle bolt is just temporary, but honestly it will probably end up staying for a while

·
Premium Member
'81 Shit Box
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #57 (Edited)
Bobbed the bed this weekend, took about a foot and a half out. Pretty happy with the results. Didn't spend too much time sanding down the welds on the bedsides since its gonna get smashed in anyways

Cut off the rear end

Cut off even more, put in square tubing for rear bumper

Support for the bed

Set in place for before welding

All done up and painted

·
Registered
248 Posts
i feel like with some gray and yellow spray paint you could make that look seemless after it sits in the sun for a year :smokin:

·
Premium Member
'81 Shit Box
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Added some knuckle gussets and frame stiffeners this weekend. Haven't got the tires put back on just yet, but I'll do that this week after work sometime

Before

Tacked in place

Not many other pictures, but here is the stiffeners and the gussets welded in and painted

The center hole in on the stiffener looks boogery cause I had to fill a hole in the frame with some scrap plate and just threw some beads over it, ugly but strong :flipoff2:

41 - 60 of 96 Posts