Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well here is a condensed version of my build up.
Chevy TBI V8
SM420 Trans
Dana 300
Dana 60 front
14 Bolt rear
40 Iroks
Full Hydro

As it started

1st build

Where I'm at currently

My ram from POS should be here early next week. All that's left:
plumb from brakes
regear front and rear
Install orbital valve and associated hydraulic lines
and a ton of little, but time consuming stuff
I should have it going by mid to late October.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
have you done your rear coilovers yet?

I just ask cause Iv'e been sitting under mine trying to figure out how I'm gonna run them?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought this paint at Home Depot, it's extremely flat, great for touching up scratches. I was a little leary about rattle can piant for the body but it looks really good! Color is Deep Forest Green 1919

·
Premium Member
2,823 Posts

In this pic it looks like your coil to frame clearance is pretty close. Have you cycled the suspension to check for rubbage? It could just be the camera angle though playing tricks with me.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah it looks deceiving, the lower shock mount tabs or as far out on the axel as they can go (without mounting them to the C) and the upper shock mounts are parallel with the frame. I did cycle the suspension and they have plenty of room. Now the ram and steering rods is what I'm concerned with. Those Ballistaic Fab hy steer arms are beefy but they posistion the steering rods awfully high.

·
Nose to grindstone
8,178 Posts

In this pic it looks like your coil to frame clearance is pretty close. Have you cycled the suspension to check for rubbage? It could just be the camera angle though playing tricks with me.

I like the steering arms they are great but why run 2 hole super steering arms on both sides?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Couple Questions...

What are your link spec's (length, material, joints)?

also

What are your coilover spec's (length, spring rate, valving, etc.)?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,609 Posts

This picture has me curious...what width tire and back spacing are you running to be able to mount your coilover right there...which hubs to?

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Are those stock CJ turn signals?

Looks sick!:smokin:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

This picture has me curious...what width tire and back spacing are you running to be able to mount your coilover right there...which hubs to?

I'm runnin 39.5 x 13.5 Iroks, wheel backspacing is standard 3" i guess. Hubs are srw oem. At full compression the tire is kinda close to the spring but it clears.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Couple Questions...

What are your link spec's (length, material, joints)?

also

What are your coilover spec's (length, spring rate, valving, etc.)?

Thanks in advance!
Lower links are 1.5" .250 wall sleaved with 1.75" .120 wall DOM. Uppers are 1.5" .250 wall only

Coilovers are 14" Bilstein rockcrawlers front and rear with the digressive valving and King coils. The rears spring are both 14" 250 lbs on top and 300 on bottom. The fronts are 14" 300 lbs on top 350 on bottom. I'll get the lengths and heim size for you later,

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I like the steering arms they are great but why run 2 hole super steering arms on both sides?

:D Full hydro :D

the arms come with 2 holes so you can run a tie rod and drag link if you wanted to.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well I managed to get the hydro ram from P.O.S mounted today. Let me tell you this thing is a monster! Trying to get everything mocked up for tack welds is a mutha trucker! It involved tie down straps, 4 hands and alot of cursing. I think I got it where I want it finally. Still need to add some tube pieces in the middle to add some strength. If you see anything wrong with positioning please say so and why.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts