Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Wagooneer with 360 automatic(bad) i wanted to know what kind of axles are under it? thanks for anyone that help

·
Registered
21,812 Posts
they are all junk,
send all wagoneers to me
wagoneers are junk
you dont want wagoneer parts
send wagoneers and wagoneer parts to me!

peace,
Dave

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks cue ball for the help do u know if they were a heavy duty axle and what gearing comes in the stock jeep axles

·
Registered
21,239 Posts
They're about as strong as any D44 or M20... probably handling 35-37" tires, possibly a smidge larger with delicate care.

Stock gearing in 80's wagoneers is pitiful, most likely 3.31's or 2.73's.

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Is the engine good? I need a 360 for my 82 cherokee. If it's not running, what do you think is wrong? It's a pretty common swap to put waggy axles under smaller jeeps but when I was trying to part out the cherokee, I couldn't even give them away so now I need to put a motor in it so I can get my money back out of it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
FSJ AMC20 has one piece axle shafts and thicker axle tubes, compared to the CJ amc 20 axle, larger r&p than a 44, I have just placed one under my YJ, and all that I have read the FSJ AMC20 is as strong or stronger than a D44.

1982 Waggy front D44 I think will have the vacuum disco on the diff housing though.

·
Registered
21,239 Posts
Bone Down said:
FSJ AMC20 has one piece axle shafts and thicker axle tubes, compared to the CJ amc 20 axle, larger r&p than a 44, I have just placed one under my YJ, and all that I have read the FSJ AMC20 is as strong or stronger than a D44.

1982 Waggy front D44 I think will have the vacuum disco on the diff housing though.
IIRC, the only two years for the Discofabulous D44 were 83 and 84

not that it's an altogether terrible thing, anyway.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts