Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1983 FJ60 TOYOTA LANDCRUISER ----FOR SALE OR TRADE FOR Newer Long track snowmobile, other offers will be considered.

PRICE LOWERED TO $7500 OBO, I was asking for $9000

ATTACHED IMAGES AT BOTTOM OF POST

350 SMALLBLOCK CHEVY (400+hp, balanced, blueprinted, less than 3000miles)
----TURBO 350 TRANNY
----NP205 TRANSFER CASE
----CARTER 500cfm CARB AND K&N FILTER
----SANDERSON BLOCK HUGGER HEADERS—TW0 2 1/2in CONNECTED TO ONE 3in MANDERAL EXHAUST
----NARROWED FORD 9IN REAR DIF WITH PREMIUM 4:10 GEARS, ARB LOCKER, CURRY AXLES, CHEVY DISC BRAKES AND 6 LUG
----DANA 44 FRONT DIF WITH 4:09 GEARS, ARB LOCKER, DISC BRAKES, WARN PREMIUM LOCKOUTS
----STAINLESS BRAIDED BRAKE LINES
----HURST LINE LOCK IN THE REAR
----WARN 12000lb WINCH (ON REMOVABLE HITCH)
----CUSTOM TUBE FRONT BUMPER AND REAR BUMPER
----SHACKLE REVERSAL
----CUSTOM SPRINGS AND SPRUNG OVER SUSPENSION FOR MAXIMUM ARTICULATION
----DUAL FRONT SHOCKS (33in RANCHO 9000’S AND 34in SKYJACKER)
----REAR SHOCKS ARE 28in - 12in travel ROUGH COUNTRY
----SAGINAW POWER STEERING, HOWE FOUR-CORE ALUMINUM RADIATOR WITH ELECTRIC FAN AND STANDARD FAN ON MOTOR
----ARB AIR COMPRESSOR
----DUAL BATTERIES
----B&M SHIFTER
----36x15x12.50 SUPER SWAMPER TSL’S
----Aluminum Holley intake
----HEI distibutor and ignition

GREAT THINGS ABOUT THIS CRUISER

I drove this truck as a daily driver for nearly two years on the first motor, then the motor was beefed up during a rebuild. The motor has been run a couple times this summer to keep things free. I keep starting it up when I am in town and wishing that I could take it out for a spin. The motor in this truck rocks.

It wheels really good, great articulation-last scored at over 1000 on a twenty degree ramp. Built to Rock Crawl, the major work is already done for you. I have run many 4+ rated trails with this machine. I am not trying to fool anyone, this truck has been wheeled hard at times but it is still on its first set of tires.

I last drove it in Oct 2003 when I parked it in storage and its been there since.

I have well over $20,000 invested in this truck not including time and feel that the $7500 I am asking for it isn’t too much. If you aren't interested in the Winch I would be willing to drop the price down to $6800 obo. I have a 1 ton crew cab that the winch would be perfect for. I will consider all offers and feel that no offer is a bad offer. Make me an offer and maybe we can work something out.

HERE IS WHAT I KNOW IS WRONG

I was climbing a waterfall last fall and spun the splines on the front driveline. Doing so caused the yolk to crack the transmission housing. I have another tranny in the back of the cruiser waiting for installation (but no where to install it.) Needs new long-splined front driveline, but there is a short-splined spare.

Winch may need a new solenoid or the contacts may need cleaned. Winches out but not in all of the time. This winch has been used less than ten times

Tires still have tread but are worn.

One of the back brake calipers needs replaced and the line hooked back up. I might have an extra caliper in the back.

Someone broke the back passenger window (small one) out and I have a spare that I can install if needed.

Most of these things are easy to repair if you have somewhere to work on them, but the truck is currently in storage. I have been working on the road and don't have time to fix them

The truck is currently in Lake Havasu AZ, delivery in the west may be negotiable. If you have any questions please call me at, 605-430-9253

Thanks, Sean

***These are older pics but they represent the truck and how it functions. There are a few more dent's and the front bumper doesn't look like that anymore. The front bumper has an front end roll bar and wraps around the front fenders a little. The winch is on a new platform incorporated in with the front bumper. The winch is also on a removable hitch system. Thanks for looking!

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=147352&stc=1

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts