Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having my old "woods truck" fixed up for my son.... The guy at the body shop is saying that he can't do anything that will 100% repair the rust spots on the sides of the bed forever....(expect the rust to show its face in a few years) And I need a new center latch tailgate....mine is wasted between rust and the hand rail top is almost detached.

Any advise? Where to find a bed and tailgate? I saw a website called Toyotafiberglass.com... Anyone know these guys?

Thanks!

·
FOF
8,202 Posts
Well since this started on Tuesday and I am waiting for my coffee... I know a few tailgates local to me that you could just buy. Other than that utilize the classifieds and post up in wanted section and bump it every couple days, good luck!

·
Registered
173 Posts
i say support these guys, so they are still around when i finally have coin to spend on nice new rust proof body parts..

www.toyotafiberglass.com

Rust is evil for paint/body, depending on the cost, it may be worth it to have the rust "temporarily" treated by the local shop. it's hopefully more of a CYA "IF" it comes back. i plan on doing mine the "half ass" way of rust repair by treating the rust and fiberglassing rather than cutting and welding sheet metal back in. since it has already had some bondo-love on one side, and im way behind on multiple projects.

but otherwise, the DIY approach.. spot sandblaster from harbor freight, ospho from home depot, fiberglass and resin from.. anywhere, sand paper, bondo, rattle can or real paint, blah blah blah.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts