Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2L Toyota 1984 diesel and the injection pump is leaking fuel from a thermo wax or timer near the bottom of the pump body. Does anyone know what this timer actually does. Is it necessary or can I remove it? The timer has radiator fluid circulating through it also. I would have to block that off also.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just had my pump rebuilt for my 85 2LT. I want to say I remember my guy saying that part was obsolete or something about it was just there for EPA or something along the lines. Don’t quote me on that though. You’re talking about the part in this picture correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just had my pump rebuilt for my 85 2LT. I want to say I remember my guy saying that part was obsolete or something about it was just there for EPA or something along the lines. Don’t quote me on that though. You’re talking about the part in this picture correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, that is the part. Mine is a little than yours. Your part has a third fluid connection besides the two from the cooling system. Is the third connection a diesel fuel connection or a turbo boost connection. I would not be concerned about mine except it is leaking diesel fuel from a bell crank from the timer/thermowax.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts