Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Where is the propane tank mounted? If you can check on shipping I may be interested..site unseen.

I am in Moxee WA 98936.

509-930-7354

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The tank is mounted in the bed immediately behing the rear seat. I was going to mount it low in the rear seat pan, but I'd rather leave that operational. However, there should be enough slack to move the tank around a bit. I don't have mounts for the spare, as I was planning on strapping that to the trailer.

Shipping looks like it would be around $1200 through the first few companies that popped up on Google. Let me know if you're still interested and we can talk further.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Also, steering should be set up by this weekend as well as breaks. I might even have it driveable by early next week.

All that's left to make this dd'able is to finish installing the IFS box, install the new calipers and pads, and hook up the 2 wires for the propane solenoid and advance the timing.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Truck runs as of last Friday. Finished hooking up the pane finally and turned her over. First crank took a bit for everything to prime, but it fires at the first flick of the key and idles real nice at 750 RPM.

I also finished installing the IFS steering box and lengthened shaft. Steers great and no leaks except for me over filling the resevoir.

Also installed the IFS calipers and some wheel spacers to clear the calipers instead of grinding on them. Need to bleed the brakes, connect the front shaft, and I might do some wheeling.

Price is now firm and will probably start to go up in the future as I add more to it. For now I think I'll just work on the interior as it could use some paint and some storage.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts