Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picking up a lifted 84 Toyota PU. It has 53" tires. The front tires are hosed, they are ripped open. I need to buy or borrow 2 rims tires so I can move this thing.

Looks like bolt pattern is 6X5.5? I have a few trailers, some have a 6X5.5 bolt pattern too. Thinking of just using some trailer tires so I can load this truck on to a trailer.

Anyone think I'll have any issues? Rim off-set?

Thanks

·
Registered
217 Posts
Yes they're 6x5.5

Make sure the hub opening is large enough to fit the locking hub through.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thinks, did not think about the center hub. It has locking hubs. I'll need to measure. Has anyone here tossed on a trailer tire to limp home or something? I just don't want to buy new rims / tires yet. Cause I don't know what direction I'm going to take it.

Yea, it has 53X14 tires. The guy that built it, to look like a little monster truck. It looks late 80's in design. Multiple shocks, high arched springs, and so on.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it.

·
Registered
8,917 Posts
Thinks, did not think about the center hub. It has locking hubs. I'll need to measure. Has anyone here tossed on a trailer tire to limp home or something? I just don't want to buy new rims / tires yet. Cause I don't know what direction I'm going to take it.

Yea, it has 53X14 tires. The guy that built it, to look like a little monster truck. It looks late 80's in design. Multiple shocks, high arched springs, and so on.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it.
Does it look something like this?

Attachments

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
"Bet the clutch is hosed and the r/p is way to light..."

it has a Chevy engine. Axles do look original though. Not sure on ring-n-pinion.

If I keep it lifted like it is, it would be for marketing for my business.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Those tires would be the least of my worries. :eek:
Thanks for getting the picture to work :)

Not sure what you mean about worries? I'm sure with new tires, I'll be able cruse 75 on the highway AND compete in Monster Truck stuff :)

Honestly, I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it yet. If I decide to actually drive it / off road it, I'll lower it a bit. new springs, normal 35" or so tires, and some other stuff. Or, I'll put new large tires, body wrap, and use as a marketing tool.

·
Registered
999 Posts

Not sure what you mean about worries? I'm sure with new tires, I'll be able cruse 75 on the highway AND compete in Monster Truck stuff :)

Honestly, I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it yet. If I decide to actually drive it / off road it, I'll lower it a bit. new springs, normal 35" or so tires, and some other stuff. Or, I'll put new large tires, body wrap, and use as a marketing tool.
I don't like the looks of those blocks under the rear springs (and threaded rod for non-U-bolts). Take corners very slowly! Also, a stock rear axle with those tires?! 35s would be ok. It's hard to tell, but the shocks look like they are mounted low enough on the axle they would get ripped off by rocks.

·
Registered
8,917 Posts
used Toyota parts

OLD SCHOOL! nice project. There are lots of things we have learned over the years that you need to address, like the blocks (as mentioned) but keep the overall look. Its AWESOME!
If you want to wheel one buy a different one.!

·
Registered
732 Posts
Those look more like 44" gumbo monster mudders. It's obviously a show truck/pavement pounder. You could kinda sorta build it right and throw some one tons under it. Is the paint still in good shape? I would rock that on the street and build a real wheeler out of something else.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Those look more like 44" gumbo monster mudders. It's obviously a show truck/pavement pounder. You could kinda sorta build it right and throw some one tons under it. Is the paint still in good shape? I would rock that on the street and build a real wheeler out of something else.
Thanks.
I looked at the pictures again, and you are right. They are 44X18.5 on 15" rims. One of the pictures shows "53X___" can read it as its rubbed off.

It has a "Wrap" on it, the hood is baked off. So it would need another wrap or paint to look good. The inside looks decent.

I'm gonna say a nasty 4 letter word here... "Jeep". :) I have a bad ass Comanche 4X4 with electric lockers, gears, stroker motor and so on. That is the rig I take off road. I have a few decent trucks and cars, this is just something I got.

I'll have it at my shop next week. I'll look at it in detail. I tend to go overboard when I do a project, so If I decide to "build" it, it wall be nice :) However, I gotta a feeling I'll probably just keep it a "show" type thing.

I have a few trailer tires, hope they work.

Thanks!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts