Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so heres my deal, gotta 86 4runner with 22re, and the motor is toast. did some searching and read that the 85 22r is the same block and head as the 22re.. so in turn i can remove the intake and directly bolt it to my efi intake. picked up the 85 22r today to find that this is not so... this 22r seems to have the older head on it, can anyone explain why this would be, and if something can be done to make this work, maybe i can swap over the 22re head? if it helps the numbers on the left side of the block are 0285478 11411-350 20 does anyone know what these mean? is it possible that this a transitional block? if those even exist. heres a few pics

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i read over that last night, says its a direct swap,but being a 85 head shouldn't it have the pear shaped exhaust ports? and a single row timing chain?, it does have the 2 boss holes on the exhaust side

·
Registered
184 Posts
i read over that last night, says its a direct swap,but being a 85 head shouldn't it have the pear shaped exhaust ports? and a single row timing chain?, it does have the 2 boss holes on the exhaust side
the answers to your questions are yes and yes. the engine in the picture looks like an early 22r(81,82 and some 83) confirm it has double row chain?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dual timing chain.....check and im fucked... thanks for that link for that adapter plate, dont really think its worth the time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts