Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can you put a 4runner body 84-89 on a 1985 extra cab frame? I have a guy that wants to trade me his extra cab that was rolled. I need three seats! Could some one send me in the right direction!

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
How far off? I will trim to fit 39.5s with a smaller lift to keep it lower

you can do anything but it would look like ass.. I guess if wanted to get really creative you could split the differance and make some basturd 4 runner/trail rig.. looking thing.. what is the differance guys.. 9 inches.. it has been along time since I knew the diff.

·
Premium Member
3,030 Posts
I have thought about the same thing. I have an 85 and I would rather have a runner.
I thought about cutting the runner tub/cab behind the doors. This would give the upper mount (back of the cab) to mount the top to. Cut behind the extracab window and weld the tub on. That should get you close to the same length.

Here is one that Vova did
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=477283&highlight=extra+runner

and another
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=304626&highlight=extra+runner

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I like that idea! The only problem I have is that this extra cab bpiller is junk. No windshield. I could cut that out and replace it if I was to go threw the trouble of connecting to cabs anyway.

·
popeye
5,625 Posts
I like that idea! The only problem I have is that this extra cab bpiller is junk. No windshield. I could cut that out and replace it if I was to go threw the trouble of connecting to cabs anyway.
why go through all that shit of cutting and welding the body?
if it was me(and i decided that i would rather go cabless) i would relocate the body mounts to center the body on the frame. then you would have a front axle that is moved ~4.5" foward and you could tub the rear with ~4.5" rear relocation. worst problem i see is only going 4.5" back with the motor(which is ? total, after all is said and done and is not really a problem (f-toy))

if you were to do it this way, it would look normal(cept for the rear streach) and people would be looking up your build up on search:flipoff2:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts