Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Always loved second gen xtra cabs. Finally got myself another one. It’s a piece of shit.

Got it from a friend because the cab was supposedly clean.

fawkin thing has moss growing on it so she ain’t that clean. Came with a long bed. Frame is completely fucked. I found some rust on the cab but I’ll deal with it.

has a 22re with asthmatic compression. Couldn’t get it to run, it’s missing a lot of parts anyway.

Plan is to make it light, low and wide.

·
Premium Member
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
First thing I did was rip the interior out and clean what I could. It’s not in bad shape aside from the mess and dirt from sitting for the last 15 years.

seats, carpet came out pretty clean. Under the carpet I found some ruston the drivers wheel tub and behind the driver at the back of the cab.

and front tub. Flex sealed the patch up tight:poop:

Bunch of holes in the roof and a pillars for some visor that was on the truck At one point. Welded a dozen holes up and am waiting for this to try to sand it smooth.

fuck I hate body work.

next up is to build a new frame for it. Looking to build a rig that I can use to run around local trails (all easy shit, my Tacoma on 40” stickies and tons is overkill for local), camp, and not get hassled by the police as much.

·
Banned
672 Posts
Rough plan

Fab a frame
Leafs
Toyota axles
Duals

Would like to keep it minimalist, weight is a huge factor for this rig. Currently looking for a 3rz to drop into the new frame.
Cool build, but this forum is dead.
Remove the P from pirate4x4.com and check it out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts