Pirate 4x4 banner

61 - 80 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
holy shit that is the red headed step child of my jeep, I had to do a double take. yeah I'm not to worried about the axle combo I have since I'm running chromo's and 35'"s. One of the big reasons for the stretch is to run 40"s which will require 1 tons, but at least my wheel base and gas tank will be addressed first.

·
Registered
208 Posts
holy shit that is the red headed step child of my jeep, I had to do a double take. yeah I'm not to worried about the axle combo I have since I'm running chromo's and 35'"s. One of the big reasons for the stretch is to run 40"s which will require 1 tons, but at least my wheel base and gas tank will be addressed first.
Step-child? No, more like red-headed grampa!

You got chromos too? Man, no problemo... you got it made in shade bro.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
More problems:D

The atlas they sent me has an issue with either the clocking ring or the adapter. I really believe its the clocking ring on the planetary gear set since the measurements on the adapter are per spec. The most we can get out of it is 26-27 deg flat. 12 deg is spec on these cases for jeeps with 8 other possibilities increaseing the angle.

Here are my possibilities I found out I have 3 deg + from the motor mounts.

DEG from flat.
1. 23
2. 36
3. 43
4. 50
5. 59
6. 66
7. 76
8. 95

Here we go again. I'm looking at my third case. Good thing AA has great cutomer service. They just need to send the right part.

Attachments

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #65 (Edited)
Well shit we all make mistakes:homer:
After working with advance adapters and sending photos back and forth, it looked like the adapter and atlas were setup correctly. Just for the hell of it atlas overnighted an adapter and just for the hell of it I bought a cheap analog angle finder. It turns out if you look at the picture above that the digital angle finder is set to percentage:laughing: OOPS the angle was 12 deg. My screen name says it all!

·
Registered
850 Posts
you used the ford shock towers up front, but did you use them in the rear as well? did you cut them down or french them to the frame at all?

·
Registered
850 Posts
if you still have the "booty" rear shock towers you made, i might be interested in buying them from you. how much wider are your axles than wide track CJs, which are 56"?

·
Registered
720 Posts
Full width axles are usually 69" Front and 67" rear. But I'm not sure what this guy has done.

By the way, I've lived in SJ my whole life and haven't seen this Jeep ever. We should hook up I'd like to check it out in person. Have you seen mine around town? Check my avatar.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #78 (Edited)
I dont think I have seen it. I'm going on a shake down run in the next couple of weeks too hollister if you want to go.

On another note I just picked up a 1986 Toy from a good friend for a killer price.It came with a solid front axle swap, hydro assist,longfields,lockers, hysteer, winch, duals,4.88s and a flat bed. The suspension is just scary so I just ordered the chevy 63" swap kit and shock hoops from sky. I 'm going to put the rear main on the front, which has 4" inch springs to move the axle forward 2"s.

Attachments

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
Finished up the suspension. I ended up cutting and grinding the previous SAS off the truck. What a pain in the ass. I bought a marlin hanger and springs. Sky pitmanarm,chevy swap kit, and shock hoops. Yotas are really easy to work on. We are taking it to blue Lakes this weekend. Here are some pics of the CJ also.

Attachments

61 - 80 of 92 Posts