·
Registered
59 Posts
Looks really good man. Both do.

Get plenty of pics of this weekend.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I've just installed the BTF full width kit as well. I called them to confirm mounting location because it was really close to the end of the frame. they said the holes in the bumper should line up with the holes in the end of the frame. I placed it there and with the rear shackles already welded in it was too short by about an inch. I did move the bumper forward and weld it out there but was concerned that it was so far on the end of the frame with just 1" of overlap.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
I've just installed the BTF full width kit as well. I called them to confirm mounting location because it was really close to the end of the frame. they said the holes in the bumper should line up with the holes in the end of the frame. I placed it there and with the rear shackles already welded in it was too short by about an inch. I did move the bumper forward and weld it out there but was concerned that it was so far on the end of the frame with just 1" of overlap.
Isn't that wierd:shaking: Why would they want you to loose wheelbase. That is exactly what happened to me. Considering how precise their product is you would not think they would get something so crucial wrong. I tied my winch plate into it along with the side reinforecment plates. It is really close to the end of the frame. When I did it I had fully welded the kit in the place where they indicated. Big mistake! I hope someone reads this before they make the same mistake.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I welded mine in where the holes lined up on the frame and the bumper thinking that is where it went.

I didn't find out till much later that it was wrong. All I did was move the axle forward on the spring centering pins 1.5" and it worked out.

·
Registered
77 Posts
BTF fuckups

Did you get an answer from BTF for the Full width kit.

Is it normal? Has it been a problem? Hows it holding up?

Looking to use the kit also on my CJ.

Thanks

·
Registered
397 Posts
Isn't that wierd:shaking: Why would they want you to loose wheelbase. That is exactly what happened to me. Considering how precise their product is you would not think they would get something so crucial wrong. I tied my winch plate into it along with the side reinforecment plates. It is really close to the end of the frame. When I did it I had fully welded the kit in the place where they indicated. Big mistake! I hope someone reads this before they make the same mistake.
I did hear back from BTF and you are indeed supposed to line up the hole with the factory location in the frame. What they didn't say in the instructions was that the rear hangers need to be trimmed on the rearmost portion to get the length correct. Sucked because mine was already welded. So for those of you planning BTF full width kit in front be sure to install the bumper portion FIRST. Then cut the rear hangers to get the correct length.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Jeep looks good man. Im building my jeep with the same axles how are the brakes working for you and are you still running the stock Jeep master cylinder?

81 - 92 of 92 Posts