Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1977 chevy c10
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1986 Polaris trail boss 250 won't stay running I have replaced the spark plug, piston rings, clutch, seals but it will not stay running when I use the electric start it kicks for a second but won't stay running I also have it attached to the battery charger. any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
'81 Shit Box
102 Posts
You should definitely try messing with the carb, if it has sat for a while without running the jets could be clogged. That is what I usually check first whenever one of my bikes or quads doesn't want to start after its sat for a while

·
Registered
1977 chevy c10
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well, im not feeding the gas through the carb I put a little down the spark plug hole put the spark plug back in, and crank it. but I can try that

·
Premium Member
'81 Shit Box
102 Posts
You need the gas to be fed through the carb to keep it running.

No gas flow through carb = motor no run

Thats how carb motors work, if the carbs clogged up then there is no gas flow to the motor to keep it running, also check and make sure the gas is on

·
Registered
1977 chevy c10
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
With the gas being fed through the spark plug hole, the motor should run for a quick second but it won't even do that.

·
Premium Member
'81 Shit Box
102 Posts
I thought you said that "it kicks for a second but won't stay running" in your first post? So it doesnt even fire at all, are you getting spark?

·
Registered
1977 chevy c10
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah I replaced the spark plug with a e3 Dimond plug it has plenty of spark .

·
Premium Member
'81 Shit Box
102 Posts
Did you actually check for spark? Did you visibly see the spark while it was not threaded into the motor? A new spark plug can still not make spark if its not getting power

·
Registered
1977 chevy c10
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah, I pulled the plug out and turned the engine over, could it be a problem with the stator or the CDI box?

·
Premium Member
'81 Shit Box
102 Posts
Did you see spark when you turned it over? If yes, then you have no issues with the two things you mentioned

·
Registered
1977 chevy c10
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes, I have physically seen the spark. I went through the carb It's clean and then I fed it gas and it would not stay running.

·
Premium Member
2,694 Posts
Go through the carb. Clean it all and make sure the jets and passageways are clear.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,694 Posts
Does it pop or run at all when you put a splash of fuel down the spark plug hole?

Did this machine run when it was parked or did it get parked because it was running poorly?

·
Registered
1977 chevy c10
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It pops, it was parked because the ring gap was too big so after It cooled down it would not start again so that's why I got it for $200.

·
Premium Member
2,694 Posts
So it has low compression. Does the exhaust smell like fuel? When it pops, hold the throttle wide open and see if it will run at higher rpm. In neutral.

·
Registered
1977 chevy c10
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I replaced the ring it has 115lbs of compression.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts