Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1987 f350 dually 6.9L diesel with 4speed transmission. Working warn winch, not sure of size, its older, but works great. Truck has 156k on the clock. Engine was replaced with one from a truck with 134k. Starter relay, glow plugs, glow plug relay, return line kit, fuel tank selector valve and starter solidnoid are all new. I have converted from mechanical fuel pump to electric, using an autozone 6-9 pound pump. I'll have to measure but I believe bed is 18feet long and 7 feet wide. Has 5 foot steel ramps that hide inside the bed. toolboxes on both sides. Headache racks, and a flashing yellow light. cab is rust free, top of the bed is going to need some work in the future. this truck will hual anything that will fit on the bed with out a problem. a/c was working this weekend but it is leaking at the pump connection.

Known problems. The alt is only putting out 12volts or so. which is enough to keep the batteries charged, but the lights flicker when running at night, and the winch drains the batteries pretty quickly. I have a used alt I plan to put on to see if it works.

The Starter soliniod although new isnt working correctly. I'm going to attempt to take it back to autozone and see if they'll replace it, I think it only had 30day warrenty. if they wont, I have a complete used starter I'm going to bolt on it.

the check engine light flickers when it starts after being ran, and goes off when given fuel. It also comes on sometimes when it starts cold. I THINK there may be a issue in the engine wiring harness someplace.

Looking to get $4500 from it, or trade for newer ( mid 90's) diesel pickup.

Located in roseville, Ohio

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've repalced the voltage regulator and starter soliniod everything seems to be working fine now.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.