Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
9,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
piece of crap body truck w/ a pretty good running 6.2 465 205 combo.
14 bolt rear w/ 4.10.

60 front was removed in favor of a sweet 8 lug 10 bolt w/ mismatched gears (maybe... but have a 44 to replace it).

crappy runnel winch bumper. some kind of cobbled lift kit.

Runs and drives.. just needs a new a/c compressor and charge to have a/c.

Had cruise control but I slapped a new steering column in it so it would have a key :) you can have the old column and rebuild it if you like.

decent 38" gumbos on beadlocked 16.5's

$1500 as it sits... title in hand

Don't ask me lots of questions. It's a cheap truck and it's condition reflects it. It was purchased for the axles... then a 14bolt was sourced elsewhere so the current rear stayed. the front was yanked... it was put back together and here we are.

runs good enough NO CLUE ON ACTUAL MILEAGE.. don't ask.
drives pretty damn good for what it is. I drove it 20 miles before I pulled the axle
clutch feel great as does the trans and t-case.
needs lots of little things to make it happy
it's a diesel so no smog, endless options.
this is the kind of truck you pour unfiltered used ATF and motor oil in the tank and drive around for free :):):)

If you want to buy it and live far far away and plan on driving it to your final destination make sure you sign the AS IS document before you leave... and tear up the piece of paper you had my numbers written on :D

EDIT: I have driven it w/ the 38's now... it's pretty gutless in 4th. Not sure what that means. refer to a chevy forum post for info

Attachments

·
Registered
9,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
depends... you thinking about buying the whole truck? or you just want the bumper?

(camera batteries die quick and need to charge so it's a PITA)

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
What is the mileage?
What is mpg?
Shipping to 95451?
Gear ratio in front axle?
Will you take a 3rd party out of state check?

·
Registered
9,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the front bumper sucks. seriously. the whole thing sucks. but it's cheap. I'm going to scrap it soon though and I'll pull that bumper off and get some pics for you before I take it to scrap :p.

see that crappy part of the bumper in the pic? that's the nicest part.

·
Registered
9,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What is the mileage?
What is mpg?
Shipping to 95451?
Gear ratio in front axle?
Will you take a 3rd party out of state check?
Sooooooo wanted to be "that" guy. Make sure you write that check for 3x the amount and I"ll be sure to give you the truck and the additional cash back. I swear.

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
With decent mechanical skills, tools, and spare parts, and some luck, what would you think about driving it 1500 miles?

Would you consider a trade for equally shitty long bed 84 toyota?

I've been looking for a semi beat diesel to tow behind the deuce but it will need to be driven home to CO.

·
Registered
327 Posts
If you plan on parting it out let me know I need the injector pump to get rid of my 83 chevy diesel. I would take the whole thing but Im trying to cut down on headaches.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts