Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
I don't know anything specific to the Cascade 9.5, but I've owned a number of slide-ins, I personally like them and, if everything works, they don't leak and are structurally solid, a truck camper is a truck camper. Can a family of 4 survive a weekend in one? I have this mental image of you and the missus in the overhead queen bunk, one kid on the shelf, and the other in the breakdown table bunk....now, for fun throw in a family pet.

Can a family of 4 survive a weekend in one? Sure, but there's one rule everyone must adhere to. Everyone else sits, lays or otherwise stays out of the way while one person moves around at a time. It's kind of like the old saw about boats. If two people spend any length of time together in any size boat, one's going to get pissed and the other will end up overboard. You will quickly find out who has a sense of humor and who doesn't; and who has irritating little habits that you never noticed before.

You can make it work and I don't want to take away any fun of discovery for you. I have three tips....pack like you're tenting/backpacking, carry extra potable water, and take along a tent in case of inclement weather. Oh, and the shower is for spritzing only....bathe in a creek or campground facilities.

Have fun....we did! :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts