Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 93 rodeo and am wanting more power out of it. I do not know where to start on this motor. I beleive it is in the 200hp mark and I want it in the 250-300hp area and was wandering what my options was.

·
Registered
22 Posts
You don't have a boatload of options with that engine. The best thing would be to start with the basic, universal things like intake and exhaust, maybe go with a electric fan if you're not one of those old-school naysayers.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that is what I figured. It looks like I am going to have to make most of the stuff myself. i.e. exaust system mached after market injectors and things like that

·
Typical White Guy
3,709 Posts
The Alpine supercharger will only work with the 3.2L DOHC and 3.5L DOHC motors....... it will not work with the 3.2L SOHC. So depending on which one you have, then yes, that may be an option.
________
LovelyWendie

·
Registered
22 Posts
Aftermarket injectors??
What would those do for you?
If you don't go forced induction, then that'd just be, um, I'm trying to get out of the habit of saying "retarded". :D Even with forced induction, the stock computer and injectors can handle a certain amount of boost (I don't know how much, but...)

·
Registered
19 Posts
go basic. well theres not many other options besides that. i got an APC air intake for a civic on my 95 rodeo 3.2L and it added at least 20-30 horses. but it did lower my mpg a bit. after the intake go with a cat back system. that should get you into the 250-275 hp range. but for more power, go with a engine swap. too costly in my opinion though.

·
Typical White Guy
3,709 Posts
RMNC4x4 said:
an APC air intake ... and it added at least 20-30 horses.

Bullshit. You show me a dyno sheet with before and after numbers and I will eat crow on this..... but intuitively there is no way you gained 30 hp (over 15%) from an air filter on a V6. And there is also no way you are going to gain 75hp (almost 38%) just from an air intake and cat-back exhaust. You've been reading too many advertisements in the car mags :flipoff2:
________
EXTREME Q

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
sacramentophil said:
Aftermarket injectors??
What would those do for you?
If you don't go forced induction, then that'd just be, um, I'm trying to get out of the habit of saying "retarded". :D Even with forced induction, the stock computer and injectors can handle a certain amount of boost (I don't know how much, but...)
well if you think about it factory injectors are usally not mached and by using larger mached injectors and a variable fuel pressure reg. A person can richen the mixture a little and compensate for the other changes that you make to the engine with out the computer having an fit. So is injectors all that bad an idea

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well to answer the other inquires yes this engine is an sohc. short of porting and polishing the heads and port maching the intake and heads as well as extrude honing the intake I do not knoe what else. maybe talk to cam company about new cam and jet about an new computer?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts