Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I am looking at a 93 F250 4x4 5 speed turbodiesel. I can't find any info on this engine. Is it good? I think but I am not sure that it is not a direct injection engine, is this correct? I am not a diesel guru but I need a truck for a new business and I would like to not get heavily in debt. Would this truck work well for towing 10,000 pounds locally? Can these diesels be turned up a little? What is the fuel economy versus the powerstrokes? Lifespan similar to the powerstroke? Locally all I can find are automatic trucks so this one looked good to me since it has the 5 speed and the XL trim,no leather etc. But I don't want a piece of junk. Thanks for any help you can give me or any sites for these you can point me towards. Later!

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
It's a real good motor that is often underrated. It's a Indirect injection engine with about 22 or 23:1 static, and about 6 lbs of boost stock. If you get one, the first thing to do is help it breathe. Get ATS's upgraded exhaust side turbine housing, outlet housing, and 3" mandrel bent downpipe (stock downpipe is 2 1/4, and is flattened to 3/4"x3" in one spot, which really chokes up the motor) then hook it to a 3-4" mandrel bent exhaust system (mine has a 4" system for a 95 powerstroke from www.shopdiesel.com, you can buy the individual pieces of their exhaust, as you don't need the powerstroke downpipe) finally put a low restriction muffler on (mine has a 4" dynomax race magnum bullet from summit (it's 5" diameter and 16" long, with a 4" hole straight through the middle)). The other thing that is a MUST DO is to put an exhaust pyro, boost guage, and tranny temp if auto, or a good oil pressure is a nice add too if you aren't auto. Autometer makes a good pod to mount on the a pillar, and the VDO vision series guages will match the stock instrumentation. This is what I've done to mine so far, and the exhaust has made a night and day difference in pulling power, and the good guages allow me to keep it making power for a long time.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts