Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my name is Phil, I have a new project I’m working on and thought this would be the perfect place to start a build thread.
It’s a 1994 Full-size Blazer, it came to me with a 90’s Pro-comp 6 inch lift and 35’s, the paint looks great but the truck is really worn out. There isn’t a bushing left in the suspension, the bolt together lift bracket for the lower control arms are bent, the 350 SBC is leaking coolant out of the Left head gasket, the dash was all broken and bondo’d....
the plan is to put an 6.0/4l60e out of a 2005 2500hd (50k on drivetrain) mated to a NP205. Using an ORD solid axle kit and a rear shackle flip I’ll be swapping in a Dana 60 front and Dana 70 rear with 4 wheel disc brakes. I’ve had a set of F.O.A reservoir shocks laying around that will be going in and will be on 52” Deaver Springs in the front and 64” Deaver Springs in the rear. With the 4” lift in the Springs and 3” of lift built into the brackets the total lift should be roughly 7 inches.
I’ve already tore out the dash as it was holding in by a wing and a prayer and have a Fiberwerx “Navi” dash to take its place once the cafe is built.
I removed the ABS system and converted it to Hydroboost using a 2500hd master cylinder and a disc/disc proportioning valve.
I removed the drivetrain and front suspension this weekend and gave the frame and engine compartment it’s first clean up and things look pretty good. I stripped all the wire loom off and cut the harnesses up for the LS SWAP.
This week I will cut all the IFS brackets off and sand the frame down to some paint on there. I want to get all the wiring and engine compartment work done before I put the drivetrain in. The LS harness from Swap Specialties should be in this week.
once the drivetrain is back in and truck driving we will build bumpers and some rock slides.

The truck is not going to be a daily driver but it will see mostly street use with some weekend warrior wheeling.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,572 Posts
Sounds like a pretty good starting point/plan. I like these platforms (SAS'd) of course....will they become the new classics? LOL I too own a '94 K Blazer...the last year of the "Blazer".....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like a pretty good starting point/plan. I like these platforms (SAS'd) of course....will they become the new classics? LOL I too own a '94 K Blazer...the last year of the "Blazer".....
I’ve owned a few built K5’s I wish they made the 92-94 (and 95-98 2 door Tahoe) a k5 with the removable roof... these are still cool and I do believe they will be considered classics as it is the last of the 2door.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts