Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my tbi 350 motor on my chevy silverado shuts off every once in a while and will not start back up, it runs fine then all together shuts off, then about an hour later, sumtimes shorter it starts back up. ive had the local dealer running tests on it, and they cant get it to die, but it sure as hell dies on me every couple of days. anyone know anything i should look for? ive been checking wires like crazy, and the computer isnt reporting any signal. any ideas?
thanks in advance

·
Registered
7,069 Posts
Its the pick-up in the distributor. When they go bad the overheat and it shuts of the engine. They are located below the rotor in the distributor. Usually has 3-4 wires to them. Easy to change. Changed many of the on GM vehicles.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks a lot, im gunna go ahead and have the coil changed out, so these wires are basically what? i cant recall, havent taken the distributor apart in a while

·
Registered
7,069 Posts
Take the cap and rotor off. The wires that come from the wiring harness will plug into the distributor. That is the pickup. It is about 1/4" thick black plastic. Once you see it you will be able to take it out.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok, so its not the wires to the rear of the distributor? ok thats what i was confused, cus that dam distributor has so many dam wires.
thanks a lot for your help. you interested in buying this rig? seems like you know a lot about them?? ill cut you a deal

1 - 10 of 10 Posts