Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, this is my first sas and I was looking for some advice for the build in general and what you would do differently. The main goal is to keep it street legal because I don't want to tow it.
My current plan..
Skys Offroad Design front hanger.
F150 rears up front.
Dana 60 King Pin.
Chevy 63's in the rear.
Slag Factory's 63 swap kit.
14 Bolt rear, shaved.
40's on BeadLocks.
Bilstein's 5125 14" shocks.
and eventually dual cases.

Some ideas

·
Registered
20 Posts
everything to do with a sas has been done. type sas into the search in the tacoma section and mini truck section. spend a couple days reading. not sure where you live but all those year trucks have rusty frames here. so one thing to check before you get started. my double cab frame is done.

what year front diff are you going with? instead of dual cases save up for a 2 or 4 speed atlas.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
everything to do with a sas has been done. type sas into the search in the tacoma section and mini truck section. spend a couple days reading. not sure where you live but all those year trucks have rusty frames here. so one thing to check before you get started. my double cab frame is done.

what year front diff are you going with? instead of dual cases save up for a 2 or 4 speed atlas.
Thanks for the reply. I found a good deal on a 1989 f350 front axle and plan on checking it out soon. What makes you say atlas over dual cases or a marlin TacoBox? Thanks

·
Registered
79 Posts
North West Fab recently came out with a nice dual case adaptor to go behind tacoma trannys. Lots of options for bolting up various t case’s. Give it a look

·
Registered
20 Posts
the atlas is probably close to the same price as a bling toyota dual case setup and the atlas is stronger. my toyota cases have been fine behind a 22re and 37s. well i stripped out the dual case coupler after about 6 years and upgraded to 23 spline. definitly check out NWF new adapter. i would price it all out on paper and then decide. that year 60 has very wide leaf spring spacing. 78/79 is way narrower and keeps the tires off the leaf springs while turning. or if your set on dual gear driven toyota cases look for a kingpin dodge or chevy front diff for passenger drop. there are not high pinion tho. but saves buying a lefty. so many options these days. most guys are running 05+ super duty axles. there dime a dozen and strong stock. there very wide tho and you need to run front links. 99+ 14 bolts are rear disc from the factory if you can find one cheap I have seen them for 100 to 200$ thats cheaper than converting and old one to discs.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi everyone. Ive been looking around and does anyone make a HighSteer system for a 05+ super duty axle, that will work with leafs. Thanks

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Hi everyone. Ive been looking around and does anyone make a HighSteer system for a 05+ super duty axle, that will work with leafs. Thanks
im pretty sure WFO concepts might

1 - 9 of 9 Posts