Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to give this company a plug. They make disc break conversions for many applications. Mine was for a 97 dually which I did not have the time or resources to do this. So I called Blackbirdcustomtrucks.com and talked to Randy. He had a kit for me to use. I can say,he had promp shipping and if I had ANY questions he was there to answer them. He told me that he was there almost 24/7,so last Sat I had a question so I called him at 7:30 at night he was there and answered my question. He also has great prices on his parts. I recommend him to anybody for rear disc conversion.

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
No, you didn't have to.

No pics? No fucking make, model, axle spec?

Shitty post. Shiiiiiiittttty. :rolleyes:

EDIT: TO hijack and offer the peace pipe, I'm looking at your site, and I give you credit for building that truck in NY. I left because there was no place to do anything. :D

How are those body mounts working out? Looks like an interesting idea. :D

·
Registered
17,147 Posts
Whatever props Tac gave you I will take away for the foolishness of having any reference to "get'er done" on your website.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Holly crap,what happened did you guys get up on the wrong side of the bed.:flipoff2: Shit I thought I was going to get shit for posting it in the general. Well He's no buddy pal of mine, The kit you got trkklr77 im sure was an e-brake style kit right? The rig I tubed because I had to the trails are so narrow I was replacing sheet metal every year. Now point and don't look back.Elwenil web site was done by a co-worker of my wife for FREE I won't bitch about one letter that he puts on there.Tacoma body mount are working fine I'm happy with them. Was a shitty post I guess I did forget to put Chevy and 14 bolt in there but the rest of the specs are on the bottom. 97 3500 dually 454 tow rig. And as far as pics go the dog ate the camra.

·
Registered
27,885 Posts
dude, that companies prices suck! you got bent over and could have saved nearly half your hard earned $$ with a little research and bought the parts elsewhere...i know, i have a ford dually i just converted to discs and looked at blackbirds stuff and barfed at the rediculous pricing...talk about mark up! yes, they take the work and research out of the equation, but at a very steep price

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dude, that companies prices suck! you got bent over and could have saved nearly half your hard earned $$ with a little research and bought the parts elsewhere...i know, i have a ford dually i just converted to discs and looked at blackbirds stuff and barfed at the rediculous pricing...talk about mark up! yes, they take the work and research out of the equation, but at a very steep price
Where did you get your ford stuff from.

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
Heheheh

I'll give you 46 more points to make for the ones Elwenil the elf-loving Dodge-driving tool took away, for not being a sandy-vagged bitch. ;) (fawk you Elmo! *hugs*)

Blackbird's been around a loooong time, so do what you like. Yeah there's cheaper everything, everywhere, all the time. If it works, and you're happy about them, sweet. It's called "capitalism", and if you don't like the Blackbird price, get a DIY4x4, or G.L.O. kit, and be pleased that way.

And yeah, I could have googled the specs on your truck ya fawker, but save a brotha some time for fawk's sake!!!!! :flipoff2:

·
Registered
17,147 Posts
Lol, good call Tac. At least he didn't freak out like the average less than intelligent thread poster. I'll let the hug thing slide this time. And yes, I still avoid windows, lol...

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lol, good call Tac. At least he didn't freak out like the average less than intelligent thread poster. I'll let the hug thing slide this time. And yes, I still avoid windows, lol...
That's my anger management classes at work for me.:D But really I was just posted this because of the guys customer relations most places would not even talk to you after you got something.Thats big for me, prices also but thats how it is.

·
Registered
17,147 Posts
Sometime's it's worth a few extra bucks to get good customer service. And while other's have posted that you could get the same parts for less by scrounging, to some it is worth it to spend the extra cash to be able to get parts form one place so they avoid all the sometimes conflicting internet posts about parts compatibility. I don't have that luxury, but I'm not going to knock someone who does. Still no kudos for the "get'er done" thing though, lmfao...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts