Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i found a 1997 ford f 350 quad cab diesel with the auto and 123,000 miles.
its got power everything, 4.10s in the diff, the tranny was replaced a 90k.
its got a 4 inch lift with 35 inch bfg all terrains and weld wheels, also a sprayin bedliner. its white and has blue interior.

I think i am going to buy it and the guy wants 15,800 for it but i offered 15k and he accepted do you guys think it sounds like a good deal?

also how are all you people financing a truck with over 100k or this old?

my credit union said that they dont finance vehickles over 100k and wells fargo wont finance anything older than a 1998

are you all paying cash?

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
cash under 20k, and that seems like a fair price, i can promise that you will be happy with the truck though. And my CU financed me for 5500 when i was 18, they call it a "personal loan" instead of a vehicle loan.

Ryan

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Capital One (or whoever they are now) has mine, 96 F350 CC diesel 2wd dually at 3.9%. It had 184k at the time, now has 200k. Price seems a little high, not bad if it's an out of the door price, but if you like it get it. There's not a lot of them out here in good shape, they seem to be a dime a dozen in Texas though. Mine runs great still. Only thing I've done in a year and a half is batteries and alternator, but you know how the heat out here kills batteries. And a preventative CPS. Changed the fluids when I bought it and it's never skipped a beat going to Moab, Avalance, JV, etc.. I test drove a 96 350 4x4, same setup as mine except with a ZF 5 spd and it was a pooch IMO, I couldn't have driven that thing all the time and it only had like 125k on it. The auto may have a bad rep, but mine's still kicking and I can eat a burger while making smoke.

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
If it is at a car lot, alot of them will shop around for the best loan rates and payment options that are as close to what you are looking for as possible. From what I have seen, it seems like the smaller more local banks and credit unions usually offer better deals and more options on the older vehicles than the big chain banks like Wells Fargo do.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its through desert schools federal credit union they said that the bigger banke are more apt to take the risk of loaning on a truck with that many miles. they dont understand that its a diesel and 123k isnt a big deal.
my dad tried wells fargo and they said that they wont loan on anything older than a 98.

my credit union is cool cause they were going to give me a low rate and they loan up to 110% of the blue book. its just a bummer that 23 thousand lousy miles made the diff

oh well i guess i will have to wait for another

·
Registered
947 Posts
Sounds a little high....I just bought a '99 F-250 4x4 Super Duty Extra Cab long bed 6speed powerstroke with 121k Lariat XLT everything but leather and a vinal floor, spread in bed liner, aluminum toolbox, 285/75 (33's) BFG allterains and a Warn HS9500i hanging on the front for 14.5K and financed it though my local credit union 5.09 %

Good luck though,
Justin

1 - 6 of 6 Posts