Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey this is my first post im researching all the ins and outs of solid axle swapping my 06 1500 and was wondering if sum1 on here knew wich axles are usuable and wat modificaions need to be done to each axle to use (moving spring perches etc) and why doesnt anybody put a pass drop np241c and run a chevy diff up front?
thanx`justin

·
Registered
134 Posts
AAM 11.5 from later model 2500 or 3500 will bolt right in the rear. everything else is gona be custom so start researching

·
E-Locker or Bust!
4,282 Posts
AAM 11.5 from later model 2500 or 3500 will bolt right in the rear. everything else is gona be custom so start researching
As will a 10.5" from a 99-10 2500HD or 3500HD.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wat r the pros of useing a aam over a 14boltff.. .gears n lockers r cheaper for the 14 bolt i thought n there very cheap to pick up

·
bobbing for fries
1,879 Posts
The 10.5" is modeled after the 14BFF. Quite a few parts will interchange.

Read through some of the builds here and search around a bit. In the end its all chunks of metal. The best part is it can be cut, turned, and welded into whatever you want.

·
Premium Member
1,436 Posts
Do the 10.5s take the drop in detroits like the older 14 bolts?
Yes they do,same locker. They take the same gears too but the bearings are different. Oh and the reason for people not running a chevy diff: First the front shaft is on the driverside now, the exhaust and y pipe all run on the other side. So most can use the factory exhaust with slight mods. Second is the high pinion feature of the ford 60s....that means a ton with a lifted truck. With a leaf spring kit and a dana 60 no perches have to be moved , 60s will have 2 widths 31-36(you will see that when you look at kits)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts