Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
hope you guys are doing well. I'm new to this board and 4x4ing, although I've helped my buddy with his 1982 J10 for awhile. I have a question though, please dont flame me because I'm a newb.
I came across a 1999 Wrangler SE forsell for 1,500. The guy who's selling it is a friend of a friend. The reason it's so cheap is the engine needs rebuilt. I am no dummy when it comes to mechanical stuff, but I am when it comes to jeeps.
Well finally time for my question: Is this a good buy? I would like it to be a decent rig, nothing spectacular or anything. I was also wondering if it would be possible to swap a 4.0 into it, or even a small block chevy?
At this point, any links you could post for me, or info you could throw out would be very appreciated.
thanks a lot,
~nick

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oh, heres the most retarded question I have to ask tonight...
is this wrangler a what they call a TJ? I'm not sure on all of the code words.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Yes, it is a TJ. Email me at [email protected] if you pass up the $1500 Jeep. It's a good buy if you know what you're doing mechanically.
Chris

·
Premium Member
14,733 Posts
Don't mind him..

97+ Jeep Wrangler = TJ

If you don't want it I`ll buy it for $1500...that's a hell of a deal!
You can find used jeep motors for a TJ or a YJ for under $1k..
So that will work... then depending on what kind of wheeling you do will depend on upgrades/mods etc... but for $1500 that's a great deal!!

I`ll take it if you don't!

·
Registered
788 Posts
As an explanation for P&T's response, most of the guys on this board fancy themselves "hardcore" wheelers and are offended by newbie questions:). JU is generally a friendlier place for guys new to Jeeps, and for lighter wheeling in general. Hope that helps.
Chris

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks guys, I appreciate the info/link
I'm not letting this one go though (sorry). I know about the hard core stuff, I consider myself a decently hardcore mustanger, but I still help the little guys.
oh yeah, P&T jeeps: I usually don't cry when people flame me on the net, shows how smart/good of a person they are (aka unrespectable).

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
maybe that's why I didn't flame you but rather pointed you in the right direction. :confused:

I'm sure I can get a few guys together to finish this ridiculous thread off though! :mad3: :flipoff: :mad3:

·
Premium Member
14,733 Posts
P&T jeeps- Why don't you offer a suggestion or help... the time it took you to reply 2 times you could have told him some info instead of pointing him away... :confused:

·
Premium Member
14,733 Posts
Right... send him over to the land of bolt ons and they will help with his engine rebuild :confused:

Quit trying to be a badass and maybe help someone now and then :rolleyes:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
P&T jeeps, I know you didn't flame me, but you didn't give me any advice either (which is alright, I dont give everyone I know advice, but I try if I have the info).
I dunno, I just heard this place was the best (have a few friends in the 4x4ing world that like this site) so I figured I'd come here. The people at jeepsunlimited seem nice and helpful though.
If anyone needs help on a 5.0 for their jeep, I'm at stangnet.com with the same username and will help you with what I know (just a LITTLE when it comes to the 5.0).
thanks everyone,
~nick

·
Registered
12,465 Posts
This is not a question of being nice or sending to the land of bolt ons....its a question of this guy needs to start somewhere, and this is not a good place to start. JU is.

That is a SMOKIN deal at 1500, if you pass it up I will give 1800 for it ;) two suggestions for you.....go to JU and ask questions to learn what the jeep is and what it has. At the same time lurk and read LOTS here and you will be overwhelmed with all the knowledge you will get. But in the meantime, not many here have the patience to teach the differences between XJ's, YJ's, CJ's, TJ's, ZJ's, KJ's and more ;)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Keith Strong said:
This is not a question of being nice or sending to the land of bolt ons....its a question of this guy needs to start somewhere, and this is not a good place to start. JU is.

That is a SMOKIN deal at 1500, if you pass it up I will give 1800 for it ;) two suggestions for you.....go to JU and ask questions to learn what the jeep is and what it has. At the same time lurk and read LOTS here and you will be overwhelmed with all the knowledge you will get. But in the meantime, not many here have the patience to teach the differences between XJ's, YJ's, CJ's, TJ's, ZJ's, KJ's and more ;)
yeah I know what you mean. I was planning on getting info there, and reading info here. There's not too many threads that contain info on a 99 TJ for 1500, so I figured I'd post.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts