Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
looks pretty freaking good! but the windsheild bar i wouldve done something like a /\ or \/ type shape rather than the single vertical bar you have currently, it just adds a tiny bit more triangulation/left to right support, otherwise its tits

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the input! I haven't welded the center windshield bar yet so I may change that. Was trying to keep visibility high. Im gonna untack it tomorrow and pull it off and finish all the welds and paint it black. Was hoping to keep visibility high. DrewP you mentioned steeper bars. . . Are you referring to a pillars?

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Thanks for the input! I haven't welded the center windshield bar yet so I may change that. Was trying to keep visibility high. Im gonna untack it tomorrow and pull it off and finish all the welds and paint it black. Was hoping to keep visibility high. DrewP you mentioned steeper bars. . . Are you referring to a pillars?
i was refering to this pic.... id make the two angled roof bars connect to the center bar, i noticed in another pic they look steeper so it might be fine. but id definitely change the center windsheild bar for a V or upside down V shape. your cage has a clean look and you did a killer job

·
Registered
88 Posts
Looks great, I like how you went through your front fenders, makes for a very clean look. Also, what height springs are you running, tire size and hows the Rock assault working for you? Do you daily drive it? Sorry for the thread jack!

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Springs are a hybrid ruf pack
Tires 36"
Love the rock assault so far
Would dd it if tires were cheap and were still available. But that's not the case
My dd is the blue supercharged runner in one of the above pics

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
I think it is one of if not the best looking exo cages that I've seen on here. It may be a little late but you might consider putting a bar on the outside of the cab, behind the door to protect the cab / beside a little. Would suck to have all that there and then still screw up the cab if / when you roll it.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
This is my first cage so I am learning as I go. I think I will fix the bars as advised by everyone since rolling it and racking the cage would make for a much harder job than just fixing it now.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.