Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie here.Just got signed up.i've always admired lifted 4x4s.My 10 yr old son is following in my footsteps.Never owned a 4x4 built towards the extreme side...Until now.With my young son egging me on I traded for one of my buddies toys OR money pit!! Anyway this is it:

No show truck to be sure!! It seems to work properly,FOR NOW!! I can foresee problems down the road.I know I'll be needing advice & tips from those here who've been there & done that..The engine seems plenty strong.The gears appear to be the perfect choice for the tire size..This is all new for me.I am excited as a kid at Xmas!!

Thanks for looking,
Jay

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
What are your plans, is this a mud truck, or are you planning some trail riding, if so, it might be a little tall. Looks good though, hopefully it's a solid base to start with.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
not really any trails for trucks here..use it mainly for tooling around old farm roads,abandoned county roads & fields.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Looking good! First things first, Immediately go out and buy this. ORD Chevy GM Steering Box Brace and Bolt-in Frame Repair
Its a brace to keep your powersteering box from tearing free of the frame. Its a Very common failing of our trucks and needs to be addressed before the frame cracks with the forces caused by the large tires.
Have fun with the truck! Keep the shiny side up and so on :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks SMC thats what I'm talking about!! I had no idea..These are the things I would like to know..I'm in this for the long haul!!

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Unless your bogging swamps, lower that thing a foot, and buy a sawzall. Looks well built, but you saying what you wheel, no need for that height.

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
Looks like a good platform to start from, welcome to the forum.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts