Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put a dana 60 under the front of my toyota pickup. Its a standared width 60 with the springs in the stock chevy location. Im planning on running 40x13.50 Trepador Stickies and TrailReady Beadlocks 17x8.5. My question is what backspacing should run so that I just clear my leafs and also protect my lockout? Thank you for the help guys.

·
Registered
738 Posts
im running 3.5" bs with 41x14.5 iroks and they touch the springs at full lock but my hubs dont have too many problems with rocks. 2.5" would probably clear the springs.

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
I've ran 42" PBR's with 3.5" BS H1 wheels and 39" iroks with 16x9" 4.5" BS wheels neither tire rubbed.

Both sets of tires were on a Chevy 60 with leaf springs in the factory perches.

The H1 wheels and the 16" wheels are about the same width (9"). The hubs never hit a rock with the 3.5" BS on the H1's. With the 16" wheels and 4.5" BS I do hit the hubs, but it's not enough that I worry about it.

·
Premium Member
1,904 Posts
I have ran 6" (Stock Dodge wheel) BS and now 5" (Trail Ready) on a stock width gm 60 and NEITHER hit my leaf springs at full lock. The hubs still see action from time to time on the rocks with the 5" BS, but like said before, not enough to worry about. These were both on a 13.50 wide 40" Toyo.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts