Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well been lurking this site for a while now, and have been bitten by the bug bad and its getting worse.. Ive always been a chevy man especially the old
K5 blazers but had the oppurtunity to score a 95 2 dr tahoe in my search and couldent refuse.

it all started nice n clean and unmolested

few years later and little motivation, I decided to go solid axle front

before..

after
78 ford dana 44 / 14 bolt

DD'd like this for a while with the ocassional weekend beating..

·
Registered
357 Posts
sweet, cool to see another 2 door hoe..whats the plans for it?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
after the wheeling started getting worse, dropped the 44 for a 60

and here are the more recent pics

currenty in the process of cutting the roof off from the cab back and possibly narrowing the rear:D

Hope you guys enjoy, sorry for being a picture whore, just wanted to start my own thread to get some tips, motivation and complimentary flaming!!

·
Registered
357 Posts
are you going to move the window all the way foward? I've been toying with the idea of cutting the roof of mine to the cab and moving the window all the way foward to make it a "pickup"

·
Premium Member
7,245 Posts
Cut it off but have a good upholstery shop make you a removable soft top, like an old K5. I would look at the tail gates of the same body style truck and see if it fits. That ^^^^ would be :smokin:

Nice truck.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
are you going to move the window all the way foward? I've been toying with the idea of cutting the roof of mine to the cab and moving the window all the way foward to make it a "pickup"
gotta fit the kiddos so dont really want to leave them in the heat/cold , probably a "hatchback" style cage and soft top to keep the blazer look..

Cut it off but have a good upholstery shop make you a removable soft top, like an old K5. I would look at the tail gates of the same body style truck and see if it fits. That ^^^^ would be :smokin:

Nice truck.
thanks, this came with a trucklike tailgate and hatch window no barn doors.

I managed to shatter my rear hatch window one trip so since then decided to cut the bastard.. grabbed a sawzall and plenty of beers and went to work, ill post some pics tonite, looks like a short short bed pickup lol

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so this what the deciding factor one outing

out comes the other windows

and then the top!!

rollbar added

and an action pic :D

·
Registered
27 Posts
Lookin good. Got any close up pics of how you finished off where you cut the roof. I just picked up a 97 yukon gt and need some motivation to chop it up as well.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
not to be the safety police, but that thing needs a proper cage.

on a less doushey note, what wheels are those?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Lookin good. Got any close up pics of how you finished off where you cut the roof. I just picked up a 97 yukon gt and need some motivation to chop it up as well.
Just used a cardboard template then cut some 1/16" plate and welded it on, ill check to see if I have a close ups..

not to be the safety police, but that thing needs a proper cage. on a less doushey note, what wheels are those?
thanks for the heads up pal, im still deciding on the cage design.. i wanted to get the bed narrowed first though ;)

as for the wheels they are black ones :flipoff2:

Wut?

I Have seen this truck around town. Where in northern nm you at? Looks like "soutnern" in a few pics
Im from Jemez, live in Alb, play in the puerco!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
finally got the huevos to narrow the bed and ended up taking a total of 15" off,
not much for doing detailed write ups so hope you dont mind random after pics..

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
dont know much about Under Cover Fab but I scored some nice covers for my diffs. 13 bolt mini shave kit is awesome!

had to clearance the front for my tie rod

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
damn its going on two years since I have posted anything
I figured I need to continue this build because a lot has changed to my junk.

After I narrowed the back I narrowed the front end.

butched up a fast "roll cage" for moab trip

gotta love moab!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
after that lovely Moab trip I grenaded other POS 60e

Finally found me this bad boy NV4500 out of a donor 92 K2500 with tcase, pedal, and all parts to convert! 5 speed beetches FTW!

After a good cleaning, new clutch, flywheel, seals replaced, and amzoil oil change

·
Registered
951 Posts
Blazer bash? I thought this thing looked familiar. Seen pics on ck5 of it. I love these years Tahoe's. Would love to build one someday. You should come up to CO and go wheeling with us!!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts