Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So originally I was going to buy an adapter kit from Lextreme through sitemap toyotav8 toyota lexus manual transmission adaptors toyotav8 but I've ran into some problems... namely I bought a rebuild gasket set from them and after 6 weeks I haven't received it yet. I've tried to contact them with no luck. I'm in the process of getting my money back.

That being what it is I have no interest in going through the same problem when I get an adapter.

So... does anyone know of any other places that sell an adapter? A google search turned up a company on ebay in Thailand, which makes me nervous. Several people have gotten them from companies in New Zealand and Australia but they either don't exist or don't seem to carry them any more.

I would prefer to get something American made if at all possible. I want a reputable company. I thought Lextreme was, but it appears not to be? Thanks in advance guys. :flipoff2:

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
It's either lextreme or the KS Racing bellhousing. Lots of guys run the Thai housing with no problems. Not sure what you're scared about.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's either lextreme or the KS Racing bellhousing. Lots of guys run the Thai housing with no problems. Not sure what you're scared about.
When the listing gives a link to a nonexistent forum/website I'm a little wary before plunking down $500.

KS racing sells through Ebay so you have buyer protection there. I got mine from Thailand in less than a week.

1UZ 1UZFE Toyota Bellhousing R150 R151 R154 Gearbox Bellhousing Only | eBay
I saw that, I'm not a big fan of Ebay these days. But what the hell do I have to lose?

Are there any special parts needed? I know people that used the Lextreme adapter had to run larger throwout bearings, etc.

Thanks for the feedback!

·
Premium Member
1,783 Posts
After I got the correct 1uzfeswapkit adapter, it's worked flawlessly. The guy does it as a side job, so maybe he's really busy. I didn't have a great dealing with him, but others have so you it could vary on whether you get good service or not.

I have also heard nothing but good things about the KS racing bellhousing.

·
Registered
180 Posts
If you want US made, get the 1uzswap kit. It seems good. My buddy used it on his swap and i have his flywheel in mine. He was great to deal with. Even sent me a second flywheel by mistake.

I am running the KS racing one. It seems great so far.

I think it really comes down to if you have the 1uz bellhousing or not...

·
Registered
568 Posts
My personal pref is to use an adapter plate and use the uz bell, then adapt to use the factory thro out fork. doing it this way, you can get the exhaust and slave cylinder were you want them.

·
Registered
473 Posts
ive dealt with this guy and his kit seems legit. sitemap toyotav8 toyota lexus manual transmission adaptors toyotav8 i accually went to his shop and picked up a flywheel.
i run the Thailand bell housing but didn't buy the entire kit and ended up getting the 3vz flywheel from the guy above. my only problem with the adapter plate style is using the v6 clutch. i ripped the rivets off the disc of my LCE clutch the first race out. KS uses a 10-1/4" clutch i believe which is a huge upgrade over the 9" v6 clutch. not sure on the availability of the 10" though. both companies make good parts though

1 - 9 of 9 Posts