Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my cuz has a built out 2.0 gas engine that he says hes put about 2500 into but doesnt need/want it anymore and would sell it to me for 1000. My biggest questions are:

1. Will it work
2. Will it fit
3. does anyone make somthing that i can use to bolt the engine to the transmission
4. If im going to do the 2.5" exhaust, would this be the time to doit

Has anyone ever seen a conversion like this?

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Why 2.5 " exhaust? that's too big even the turbo motor don't run that big
ya, i typed 2.5" but i meant 2. everything ive read has said 2.5 is too big, brain fart for typin it.

has anyone heard of or dealt with Kennedy Engineered Products? i was suggested to look at them in addition to ACME

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
upping to 135hp and 140ft tq would i need/want to upgrade to yota axles and drivetrain?

·
Registered
131 Posts
upping to 135hp and 140ft tq would i need/want to upgrade to yota axles and drivetrain?
Depending on tire size gearing and some other factors you may want to.

Personally yes, im running toyota axles in my zuki and i beat mine like a redheaded step child with no problems, its kinda like puting one ton stuff under your half ton. You may be fine with the smaller stuff but it gives you a little added saftey net.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thats kinda what i thought. it'll drain my budget but the peace of mind would prolly be worth it.

any chance someone would know the weight of f/r 82 toy truck axles?

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
found a pair in MS for the right price but got a $631 quote to ship em to me (their store to their store) with them weighing 500 together. Making a good deal not so good

·
Registered
131 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
damn dude thanks, sent a email to one of em. i got a cuz that has a set of fj40s but cant sell em to me till he gets some fj80s o well. i really dont know much about tuy axles other than fjs are offset. would fj60s be too big/overkill?

what all are you runnin with your rig?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts