Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone swapped there TBI 4 cyl to the MPI stuff? I have a '90 Wrangler and just bought a '95 motor with MPI and engine wiring. Is it worth the hassle to go to the MPI or just swap the TBI parts onto the '95 motor? :beer:

Thanks
Brian

·
Registered
4,461 Posts
I've never ran a TB but I do run the MPI. I have wheeled with guys that run the the TB and I can tell you then when traveling or wheeling the MPI seems to perform much better. If you already have all the wiring and computer, then I would say "Why not?" I've been very happy with my MPI in my 95 YJ. Actually I'm happy enough that I've put it into my buggy that I'm building. It just performs really well.

·
Registered
243 Posts
FULLSIZE said:
has anyone swapped there TBI 4 cyl to the MPI stuff? I have a '90 Wrangler and just bought a '95 motor with MPI and engine wiring. Is it worth the hassle to go to the MPI or just swap the TBI parts onto the '95 motor? :beer:

Thanks
Brian
No, it's not worth it.you gain about 5 horsepower. I've got an 89 YJ 2.5L with TBI and it runs great! I've driven 2.5L's with MPI and can't tell the difference. I've never stalled my 4 cly because of off camber situations. it runs great too, never had any probolems with it.

do youself a favor and stay with what you have. you can thank me later.

-Kyle

1 - 3 of 3 Posts