Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
everytime i take a left hand turn something happens and my idle goes down no matter what and then it stals. this never happens around a right hand turn and it does not matter how sharp i take the right hand turn its fine, but a little turn to the left and then it stals.by the way i have 2.5l and its a 90. i also have a oil leak fromt the dipstick that i have yet to fix, but has been leaking from there for a while now so i don't think that is the proplem and it has enough oil in her too.so could it be something with the fuel line or what?pl give me some info thx chris

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol that would be fun to do everywhere

·
Registered
362 Posts
It's got something to do with steering box pressure. Can't remember the resolution. If the search was up at JU (sorry) I could find your resolution.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sounds like that might be the problem cause my sterring has been acting weaird lately too, cause when sit still and turn the tire it has trouble doing that and it never did before but still need info thx though.

·
Registered
43 Posts
my 89 yj 4cyl has started to develop this problem.. if i take a "hard" left, it's seems as if the fuel stops, and flows, hence the jeep sputters and dies.. this has to do with steering pressure?? how?

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
that is what i want to know but you seem to have the same prolem as me, my friend says that it might be the fuel filter but i'm not sure

·
Registered
2 Posts
the 90 jeep 2.5 l should have f.i system.try to wiggle the wires under the hood,near the t hrottle body.ck carefully if any exposed wire near engine or fire wall.good luck
joe

·
Registered
362 Posts
Diagnostic Trouble Code 65- Power Steering Switch Failure, Power steering high pressure seen at high speed (2.5L only)

Don't know if the switch causes the Jeep to stall to protect the steering box or if it is suppose to raise the idle to keep it from stalling.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
k this all helps i will check that shit today to see if its any of that stuff helps fix it

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Check your fuel lines to see if any of them are getting pinched off when you make a left hand turn. There is one point where the lines run between the frame and tub right after the lines come out of the tank, they might be getting squeezed together due to body/frame flexing. That'll cause the engine to start to die, then it'll spring back to life once you've straightened out. Just a thought.

·
Registered
362 Posts
You can narrow the problem down by turning lock to lock while sitting STILL. If the jeep attempts to stall then it's the power sterring sensor/switch. If not then maybe you have a fueld starvage probelm. See if it happens on a full tank or near empty.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
k i will try all of this and also do you guys think that it would be the fuel filter cause i have ran it down to empty emtpty a few times.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
k well i turned the wheel back and forth and it did not stall, so i replaced the fuel filter and also cleaned the intake, and put some shit in the fuel take and now it seems to be fine. thx for all the help guys!

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
damn, now i'm back down to little less than 1/2 a tank and its starting to stall again.does anyone think that it might be the furl pump?

·
Registered
362 Posts
Is your tank plastic or metal? Think maybe there is a baffle in there that could have come loose? Maybe it has something to do with the sending unit or fuel pump.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Is your tank plastic or metal? Think maybe there is a baffle in there that could have come loose? Maybe it has something to do with the sending unit or fuel pump.
its metal and i think that it might have something to do with the pump but not sure.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts